Known in the industry as The Brain Behind Brands, Leslie Zane has turned the marketing industry on its head. She is changing the way companies do marketing through her unique expertise in applying behavioral science to change instinctive brand behavior. Her company, Triggers, has delivered over $10 billion dollars in incremental revenue and was the first brand consulting firm founded by a woman.
Growth Triggers – 5 Growth Triggers® from Behavioral Science to Build Your Brand at the Speed of Instinct!
3 Value Bombs
1) You don’t need a lot of money to be successful, you need expertise.
2) When you harness the power of instinct you work with the brain instead of against it.
3) Don’t follow the classic marketing rules. Following them is a recipe for slow growth.
Thought-Leader: Feel like you have a message inside you waiting to be shared with the world? The team at Thought-Leader has a FREE training to help you get your message onto the world’s biggest stage where it belongs: TEDx! Visit Thought-Leader.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Brain Behind Brands
[1:38] – Leslie shares something that she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- You don’t have to invest a lot of money to start a business. You don’t need a lot of money to be successful, you need expertise.
- People are willing to pay premium for specialized expertise.
[2:43] – You are referred to as “The Brain Behind Brands”. How did you acquire such a nickname?
- A client! Leslie is championing a new way of doing marketing that harnesses the power of the subconscious brain.
[3:50] – You are a problem solver for your clients… What kinds of problems do you help your clients solve?
- Most problems businesses have are related to growth, revenue growth, etc.
- Marketers are taking the path of greatest resistance to the sale. They are working against the human brain, and because of that they are creating an endless loop of changing their strategy.
- The key is instinctive advantage – when you harness the power of instinct you work with the brain instead of against it.
[6:04] – You believe in something called instinctive brand behavior. What is instinctive brand behavior, and why is it important?
- If you want to be successful, you need to create instinctive brand preference. You want your brand to be the ‘go to’ brand.
- The way to do that is to piggyback on ideas people are already familiar with.
[7:34] – Leslie shares a good example of using the subconscious mind.
[11:37] – Some people may be surprised to hear there is a difference between the conscious and the unconscious mind…can you share this disparity?
- Conscious mind – As marketers we always try to persuade our customers.
- Resistance to change.
- Only 5% of the decisions that people make are conscious decisions.
- Unconscious mind – Instinctual. This works differently.
[13:44] – You discovered something called the Brand Connectome. What is this, and how can marketers influence it?
- Brand Connectome is a network of cumulative memory that gets glued to your mind over time.
- Like a tree, you plant a seed for it to become a full grown tree.
[15:37] – How can Fire Nation apply all this information we’ve been talking about today to their businesses?
- Whether you are a small company or you’re a Fortune 100 company, humans make decisions based on instincts. The great news for entrepreneurs is that they can use this information to gain a competitive advantage.
[18:58] – Leslie’s key take away and call to action.
- Don’t follow the classic marketing rules. Following them is a recipe for slow growth.
- Growth Triggers – 5 Growth Triggers® from Behavioral Science to Build Your Brand at the Speed of Instinct!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!