Lori Harder is the founder and CEO of Lite Pink, a new lite rosé flavored wine seltzer that helps women connect, collaborate, and celebrate better. She is a best-selling author and hosts the Forbes Top 11 business podcast with 30 million downloads.
Lite Pink – A lighter way to indulge. A better way to connect. Get early access!
3 Value Bombs
1) Sometimes, your next step is not a step. It’s a leap. Look at the really big one and start thinking how you can take that leap first.
2) As an entrepreneur, know what feels like the most nurturing thing that you can do for yourself. Sometimes, it’s supporting your mental headspace, or finding a support group or mastermind that really feels nurturing.
3) If you make a decision that’s outside of your beliefs or the job that you’re in, then you have this fear that you’re not going to survive because you’re going to be cut off from the only life and people that you know, or the only way of living that you know.
Thought-Leader: Feel like you have a message inside you waiting to be shared with the world? The team at Thought-Leader has a FREE training to help you get your message onto the world’s biggest stage where it belongs: TEDx! Visit Thought-Leader.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Build A Network To Build Your Business.
[1:15] – Lori shares something that she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- People believe that if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. Lori believes that if you want to do it your way, you have to do it yourself. Not thinking your way is the right way, and things could be done better by somebody else.
[2:26] – Lori talks about the journey that started the idea of LitePink and brought it to life.
- Lori was curious about how entrepreneurs are networking and helping each other. She went into different groups to understand what it means to network with people. She realized that this is the secret to everything.
- Things are easier with help.
- She thought of making a better experience and connecting over cocktails. She came up with a better drink that gives back to women.
- She wanted to have more fun in her career and create something where she could invite other women in and they can own a part of it.
[8:25] – Reaching your highest potential through self care and self love.
- Self care is letting other people be wrong about you. Let go of others opinions and free yourself up of space – give yourself peace of mind.
- Other forms of self care are having massive boundaries from your family, or cutting out a friend who is not treating you right anymore.
- As an entrepreneur, know what feels like the most nurturing thing that you can do for yourself. Sometimes, it’s supporting your mental headspace, or finding a support group or mastermind that really feels nurturing.
[14:40] – The fear that comes with pivoting your business. and how Lori has managed that over the years.
- It is in our DNA. It all goes back to survival.
- If you made a decision outside of your beliefs or the job that you’re in, then you have this fear that you’re not going to survive because you’re going to be cut off from the only life and people that you know, or the only way of living that you know.
- In order to support yourself around the pivot, look ahead and start creating a new group of people, a new support system, a new way of creating rituals as you are pivoting.
[18:30] – Building your network.
- If you hang around smart people long enough, somehow you get smart.
- You will only go as far as the limitations of the people you hang around most.
- We are addicted to our identity because it is safe and it is survival.
[20:56] – Lori talks about family.
- Spend less time with them until you are strong enough to go back and hold your new identity.
- Ignite emotions – learn how to navigate new emotions.
[25:18] – Lori’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- Sometimes, your next step is not a step. It’s a leap. You can look at the really big one and start thinking about how you can take that leap first. Ask the right questions and find the right people to help you with it.
- Lite Pink – A lighter way to indulge. A better way to connect. Get early access!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!