Lisa Lambert is UPWARD’s founder/CEO and chairman. She is a Managing Partner at The Westly Group and former vice president at Intel Capital. She has steadfastly climbed to the top and wants to help other women advance with less friction.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Seeking Alpha – Lisa’s small business resource
UPWARD – Lisa’s website
The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline, and Focus in 100 days!
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) While pitching, explain and prove why your idea will crush your competitors.
2) Learn to be adaptable and always be willing to pivot to get that WIN.
3) Develop and nurture your network and connections.
Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
LinkedIn Learning: Offers thousands of expert-led courses covering a wide range of business, tech, and creative skills, with dozens of new tutorials added each week! Right now LinkedIn Learning is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial! Just visit LinkedIn.com/fire to sign up and try it free for 30 days!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:59] – Lisa was born in Toledo, Ohio
[01:03] – She was an honor student, a musician and an athlete
[01:13] – She’s a wife and a mother of two little boys
[01:33] – Her area of expertise is in venture capital
[02:26] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Get the flow right when you’re pitching to a VC. Introduce the big idea, explain why you’ll crush the competition, and why they should invest in YOUR business
[03:43] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Lisa’s worst moment was when she had to replace a CEO and founder of a certain company. This company was transitioning to product licensing sales from professional services. The CEO and founder was the heart of the company, but he was NOT getting the job done. They had to bring on another CEO and go through a radical change within the organization
[05:41] – It’s not uncommon to pivot — you have to be willing to change
[06:10] – Be flexible and adaptable in order to WIN
[06:36] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: While working at Intel Capital, Lisa realized that she probably wouldn’t get her dream job (becoming president). She was in her 40s at that time and she didn’t have a backup plan. She started talking with a lot of her colleagues and discovered they, too, didn’t have any backup plan. It was in that moment that Lisa thought about creating a global network to help support women like her
[07:55] – The biggest thing is to stay connected
- “Don’t do it alone”
[08:42] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s really related to this nonprofit, UPWARD”
[12:24] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Not enough time, not enough energy to do it right”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The only one who can stop you from fulfilling your dreams is yourself”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Finishing what I started”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Seeking Alpha
[14:29] – Lisa advises you to pursue your dream
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!