Simcha Gluck is a family man, a life celebrator, and a lifelong entrepreneur. He is the Author of the game-changing book The New Entrepreneurz and CoFounder of FreshBiz Global, the unique boutique game-based entrepreneurial training company.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
AppSumo – Simcha’s small business resource
The New Entrepreneurz – Simcha’s book
FreshBiz Global – Simcha’s website
SlotoGate.com – The gambling online sites
Connect with Simcha on Facebook and LinkedIn
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Simulation-based learning is highly effective because the mind cannot distinguish it from real life.
2) You can’t push an idea or project until it’s the right time.
3) Always think of ways for improvement.
Incapsula: Protects and accelerates over 4 million websites every day. Get a free enterprise trial of Incapsula’s services when you visit LP.Incapsula.com/2017Podcasts!
Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:02] – Simcha grew up in New York and has been an entrepreneur since he was a kid
[02:04] – When Simcha met Rachel, his wife, she was selling Cutco Knives and doing in-home presentations
[02:17] – Simcha watched Rachel make a $1,000 sale and receive a 50% cut
[02:29] – Rachel got Simcha hooked on selling knives and this paid their way through college
[02:49] – The game-changer for Simcha was getting into the world of self-development
[03:19] – For the past 10 years, they’ve lived in Jerusalem, Israel
[03:57] – Simcha’s area of expertise is in entrepreneurial thinking and simulation-based learning
[04:14] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Our brains cannot distinguish between real-life occurrences and simulations
[04:37] – FreshBiz uses business simulations to get entrepreneurs to optimize their creative thinking
[05:55] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Ten years ago, Simcha was excited about creating Israel’s Green Pages, a health and wellness version of the “Yellow Pages”. He hired a company to make a website for his idea, and within 14 months they went out of business. He had lost his money, time and was left with a junk website.
[07:20] – Simcha was so down and dark after that experience
[07:37] – Rachel suggested that Simcha become a real estate agent in Jerusalem
[07:58] – He learned a whole new industry and got his first sale within six months
[08:17] – Rachel joined him in real estate and together, they built a community of 150 families
[08:43] – You can’t make something happen if it’s not the right time
[09:32] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Five years ago, Simcha and his partner thought it was time for a new business. They made a wrong move converting cash to inventory—the prototype was imperfect and the shipment was 6 months late. They lost money on Amazon when they sold the games, and that’s when they realized it was time to scale up. They repackaged the home version of the game and instead of selling $60-70 packages, they sold $5,000 -10,000 training kits
[12:45] – When you have a product that does not work initially—don’t drop it, repackage it
[13:37] – Now, their home-version of the game is ready to be launched
[13:56] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I am most fired up today about being the go-to training experience inside companies, businesses and educational realms across the planet”
[17:07] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The thought I had in myself that I am not enough”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You’re never short on money, you’re just short on creativity”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Health and wellness”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – AppSumo
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The New Entrepreneurz – “it’s got a really pure message”
[19:51] – Connect with Simcha on Facebook and LinkedIn
[20:05] – Get a few chapters of The New Entrepreneurz by texting the word BOOK to 44144
[20:20] –Receive 15% OFF any FreshBiz package you order for your business or organization when you mention EOFIRE upon purchase
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!