Honored with the Distinguished Mentor Award from the Business Expert Forum at the Harvard Faculty Club and ranked on the Inc. 500/5000 list of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies 2 years in a row, Lisa “The Queen of Sales Conversion”, teaches experts who are making a difference how to get their message out and enjoy massive results, without being “salesy.”
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Highrise – Lisa’s small business resource
- The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity – Lisa’s top business book
- Boost Your Sales – Get Lisa’s bestselling book for free
- Lisa’s website
- Boost Your Sales & Lifestyle Show – Lisa’s business podcast for heart-centered entrepreneurs
3 Key Points:
- Be decisive.
- Understand what your irresistible offer is: once you have your pitch, your only work is to put it in front of as many audiences as possible
- Start giving to others. Find work, people, and causes that inspire you – and give to them.
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:27] – Lisa has clients in over 100 countries – and still works from home
- [03:12] – Lisa generates revenue by teaching
- [04:03] – “Once you know your offer, you craft a presentation that leads to that offer”
- [04:41] – “I know my irresistible offer and I know how to lead to it”
- [06:08] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When she went from selling tangible goods to personal development – and found it incredibly hard
- [07:38] – Lisa got involved in personal development and it changed her life
- [08:34] – The worst part of leaving her job was finding selling intangibles incredibly hard
- [11:40] – When you’re selling something you’ve created – it becomes emotionally tough
- [13:30] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: “Don’t change your act: change your audience”
- [13:53] – Making intangibles into something tangible to the audience
- [15:30] – The first meet-up in Olive Garden where Lisa sold her knowledge
- [16:19] – “I just had my expertise…I would go and make very specific points and make my offer”
- [16:40] – Was able to sell coaching packages to around 6 people in every 30
- [17:40] – Be clear about what you offer and how you can give value
- [18:55] – “I made $10k in an hour with my first presentation…my hands were shaking.”
- [18:44] – “Don’t change your act: change your audience”
- [19:55] – Once she perfected her talk, Lisa focused on getting it in front of as many ideal clients as possible.
- [21:30] – “I made a Word document that outlined my talk, and what value I would give. I sent it out to local groups. Once you get the first gig – you’ll never have to look for others”
- [23:02] – Get scrappy and get out there
- [23:27] – What has Lisa fired up today? “My book – I’m sharing it with your audience for free!”
- [26:15] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I wasn’t clear on my offer”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Be the client you want to attract’”
- A personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I used to overthink everything – now I’m ready and decisive”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Highrise
- If you could recommend one book for our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity
- [29:38] – Connect with Lisa through her website
- [30:10] – Parting guidance: “Start tithing – start giving”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!