Nichole Kelly was a corporate executive turned entrepreneur, author, global speaker and a leading authority on marketing. Then, life handed her lemons. Two minor strokes with a 60% chance of a full stroke in a year. She decided to learn how to turn those lemons into the best damn lemonade on the planet and is sharing her journey to becoming ‘Un%$&#withable’.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Nichole’s website
- Nichole’s Facebook
3 Key Points:
- Take risks. Do what you would be happy to die doing. Embrace the future.
- If you don’t like the rampant inequality in America – change what you’re doing. You have the power to make your business more equal.
- Think laterally. Look for the shortcuts to where you want to be.
- eVoice: No need for two phones – just get a second line added to your mobile phone! Use promo code FIRE for a 60-day free trial!
- Acuity: Let Acuity be the gatekeeper to your calendar. Visit AcuityScheduling.com/fire and get 45 days FREE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:32] – “Having two strokes made me focus on whether or not I was happy”
- [02:57] – Nichole appeared in Episode 85 of EOFire
- [04:21] – Nichole’s currently the CEO of a company that she wants to be truly equal
- [05:11] – “Everyone in the company, from CEO to janitor is equal – they have the same share, the same vote, and the same pay”
- [06:00] – People are tired of overpaid CEOs – “it’s an old boys’ club”
- [06:55] – “As a woman, in corporate America, femininity is coded as weakness”
- [07:57] – “My salary was about 5 times that of my lowest-paid employee – my company was going through tough times, so I stopped drawing my salary”
- [10:30] – Operating agreement of Nichole’s company
- Authenticity and transparency
- Everyone gets a vote, for everything, every time
- Compensation: we are all one
- People purchase a share when they enter, and sell it when they leave
- Mentorship is offered for everyone who’s ready
- [13:01] – Follow Nichole on Snapchat
- [13:38] – “I see shortcuts everywhere”
- [15:53] – Currently prototyping private/public Snapchat stories
- [17:48] – One user has the chance to follow the private story behind something on a public feed
- [20:05] – Innovating content: it’s about moving from fear to empowerment
- [21:48] – Rapid-prototyping your way to bliss
- [23:39] – Nichole’s created a process to ‘rapid-prototype’ solutions – quick-fire problem solving
- [24:37] – First question every morning: “Would I be grateful to die today?”
- [25:35] – “My answer has got to be a ‘hell yes!’ or it’s a ‘no’”
- [27:37] – “I started focusing on loving myself in the moment”
- [29:29] – “I’ve just sold my house and can’t buy another. I have no salary and 3 kids – and I’m so excited about the future.”
- [30:30] – “I’m removing all of the characters that I used to be and embracing what’s next”
- [32:50] – “I want to take the effortless path – and that’s the path that no one is taking. When you love what you’re doing, you don’t have to kill yourself to succeed.”
- [33:35] – Connect with Nichole on Snapchat, Facebook, or at her website
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!