Liz Lockard is a Google Analytics nut and SEO coach who loves helping small businesses get more of the right people to their websites and turn more of those visits into subscribers and sales. She’s on a mission to help you do all of that with zero tech headache.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Zapier – Liz’s small business resource
- Why Not Me? – Liz’s top business book
- Liz’s free guide to optimising how you use Google Analytics
- Google Analytics – Focus on the numbers
3 Key Points:
- Sales is a numbers game – so start digging into the numbers.
- Your own experience is more important than other people’s opinions. Listen to yourself, before the people around you.
- You are capable of more than you think. A lot of entrepreneurs struggle with feeling inadequate or like ‘imposters’. Back yourself.
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:01] – Started at a corporate law firm in DC – moved to entrepreneurship 10 years ago
- [02:37] – Liz generates revenue by working with clients in group programs and one-on-one
- [03:13] – Track your prospective clients – go to where your peers are and be helpful
- [04:30] – Have a beta launch before you go all out with a product
- [05:06] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Working on the wrong idea when she started – and realizing that she was selling something she hated working on
- [07:54] – Don’t put energy into work that you dread
- [08:42] – “Your experience trumps other people’s opinions”
- [09:28] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Realizing, during door-to-door sales, that sales is a numbers game
- [12:05] – “Sales is a numbers game”
- [12:32] – Biggest weakness? – “I’m terrified of public speaking”
- [12:50] – It gets a little easier to go on stage every time: and it takes time
- [13:27] – Biggest strength? – “I’m so comfortable with numbers”
- [14:14] – Helped one client optimize her Adwords campaign – pared it down to 5 keywords
- [15:45] – What Liz most fired up today?: “I hate it when people talk about ‘be everywhere’…if you’re a small shop, then that’s going to hurt you when you start out”
- [18:54] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Mindset: not having role models and not feeling like I was good enough”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Running. It helps me take care of myself and set routines and milestones”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Zapier
- If you could recommend just one book for our listeners, what would it be and why? – Why Not Me?
- [23:25] – Parting guidance: “You are capable of more than you think”
- [23:35] – Liz’s free guide to optimizing your Google Analytics account
- [24:12] – Connect with Liz through her website
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!