Lucas Lee-Tyson is a college student that’s been into digital marketing since he was 15. Today, he manages over $50,000 in ad spend for clients, after teaching himself Facebook Ads through YouTube.
Free Training from Lucas! – Get access to Lucas’ FREE training resources on how to use Facebook Ads to create a consistent, predictable stream of new traffic, customers, and clients for any online business.
3 Value Bombs
1) All you need is a skill and a client who will pay you for that skill.
2) Once you’ve found a profitable campaign, then it’s time to scale up.
3) Never undervalue your services. Base your price on the size and magnitude of the problem that you solve.
Peloton: Get a great cardio workout at home with the Peloton Bike! Right now Peloton has a limited-time offer: get $100 off accessories when you purchase the Peloton Bike! Visit OnePeloton.com, and use promo code FIRE to get started today!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How To Build A Wildly Profitable Digital Advertising Agency With Lucas Lee-Tyson
[01:39] – Lucas shares something interesting about himself most people don’t know
- Lucas is very interested in Rubix Cube – he can solve 3×3 cube in 30 seconds!
[02:32] – How did you get started in digital marketing?
- He stumbled upon it through different Photoshop tutorials and thought of creating his own video tutorials.
- He didn’t get many views on his videos, and he wanted to learn how to increase his views. That’s when he was able to learn about the world of digital marketing.
[06:06] – How did you get into Facebook Ads?
- It all started when he was working for a tech company that handles paid advertising. He learned the business model and thought that it was quite easy
- Since he had the knowledge in digital marketing, he realized that the he could start his own digital marketing agency.
- All you need is a skill and a client who will pay you for that skill.
[08:49] – How were they tracking ROI at the tech company you worked for?
- His manager handled all the analytics and data mining to report to the agency.
- The agency only focused on the marketing metrics – not the conversion.
[10:22] – How did you get your first client?
- He initially thought of reaching out to his existing network, but he realized that it would not be a sustainable strategy.
- He started on UpWork, charging low-cost for his marketing skills at first. He was able to build his profile from there
[13:52] – How did you scale to your current client base – in a way you can handle?
- Lucas started on UpWork to get good reviews for 2 to 3 months.
- He then created a one page website with no sales page, a shirt bio, a list of his skills, and a link to his email.
- He shared the steps he took in scaling his own business, from creating simple reports to cold calling.
[18:15] – How ANYONE can get started with Facebook Ads, no matter their budget or current business revenue!
- You can start small and scale it up from there.
- Even big businesses and companies are starting their ads with just $10 a day.
- If you’re spending money on advertising, your #1 goal should be getting a profitable ROI.
- Once you’ve found a profitable campaign, then it’s time to scale up.
[20:11] – Let’s talk about your 3 key elements for creating and for scaling a profitable Facebook Ad campaign
- Retargeting campaigns – these are the clients who have already interacted with you. For example, for ecommerce, these are the people who added items to their shopping cart but didn’t end up buying.
- Loyalty campaigns – these are the client who have already purchased something from you.
- New customer prospecting campaigns – This is the hardest one to crack: trying to gain the trust of new customers and get them to buy something from you.
[25:19] – What are the 2 key mistakes we should avoid?
- The first biggest mistake Lucas experienced is that he used to talk to clients about different digital marketing strategies that his clients didn’t understand. Remember, your clients care about the results.
- When he realized that he was not selling Facebook Ads – rather he was selling growth and a solution – he was able to price himself accordingly.
- Second mistake is undervaluing your services. Base your price on the size and magnitude of the problem you solve.
- Real companies are willing to pay good money, as long as you can deliver their expected results.
[30:02] – JLD shares a story about Dean Graziosi
[31:25] – Give us one key take away and a final call to action
- Take action as quick as possible. Having fear is normal, but start as quickly as possible if you want to get results.
- Free Training from Lucas! – Get access to Lucas’ FREE training resources on how to use Facebook Ads to create a consistent, predictable stream of new traffic, customers, and clients for any online business.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!