Luria helps you create professional LIVE streams that put you a notch above what everyone else is doing and sets your brand apart. She’s been live streaming and doing online video for 11 years (3500 videos & 1 billion views) for herself as well as AT&T, Samsung, Orange County Choppers, GoDaddy, Panasonic and more.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Zoom – Luria’s small business resource
- Essentialism and Living Forward – Luria ’s Top Business Books
- Luria’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- Vicky Lashenko, Mompreneur Show – http://mompreneurshow.com
- Mary Hyatt’s LIVE show – https://www.maryhyatt.com/ & the show specifically is here – https://www.facebook.com/
- “Best advice” given by Andrew Lock from HelpMyBusiness.com
- Zoom – https://zoom.us
3 Key Points:
- Believe in yourself, first, before you believe what others say about you.
- Live streaming is not a new thing – it’s just different from what people are accustomed to, but there’s no reason to hesitate giving it a go.
- Doubts will always be present, but it’s your call to NOT let it consume you or your thoughts.
- Host Gator: With HostGator, having a website is easy AND affordable. Visit HostGator.com/fire for 60% off today!
- Caliper: Assess your team today – FOR FREE – and you’ll discover what makes each person tick and how to improve the performance of your team. They’ll also give you an hour of free consulting! Visit CaliperCorp.com/fire
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – Luria started doing videos in 2005
- [01:23] – She started live streaming in 2007 via mobile apps and in professional studios
- [01:44] – Luria’s alias was Cali Lewis
- [01:54] – She delivered tech news and gadget reviews
- [02:09] – Even though Luria had success over the years, it was only about 2 years ago that she became an entrepreneur
- [02:22] – She had partners who told her she could not be successful without them and she believed them for a long time
- [02:53] – She finally realized what she can give—both her pros and cons
- [03:14] – Luria left all the bad influences in her life
- [03:31] – She went by her real name and changed everything
- [04:39] – Her area of expertise is in helping entrepreneurs stand out from the crowd
- [05:06] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Live video is a way of thinking. People think it’s different because it’s new
- [06:02] – People tend to sacrifice their brands and they accept bad service when they don’t have to
- [06:30] – Live streaming is the same as any other marketing that you do
- [06:35] – Luria asks a list of questions
- [07:25] – Luria talks about BLive
- [08:40] – There are 4 levels of live streaming:
- [10:08] – Level 4 is actually easier than level 3 if it’s already setup for you
- [10:35] – Use level 1 and 2 plus 3 or 4
- [12:16] – “Facebook is actually making a massive move to tv”
- [13:02] – There will be a big push to mobile and tv
- [14:50] – Live will make it feel like people are a part of your family
- [15:42] – Periscope’s pro & con: it helps you get a lot of followers quickly, but it gives you a lot of unusable viewers
- [16:00] – Facebook’s pro & con: tons of potential for business, but it takes a little bit more time if you’re not running ads
- [16:22] – Instagram’s pro & con: FOMO, but you can’t reuse your content
- [17:16] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m really excited about the possibilities we have on live videos”
- [18:10] – Have more of you present in webinars
- [18:26] – Current webinars have a ton of slides to get people’s attention
- [18:34] – Mix slides, content and yourself on camera
- [20:03] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Allowing others to tell me who I was and what I could not do”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “To change the name of our company”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I remind myself not to wait”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Zoom
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – “Essentialism changed my world. Living Forward is one I’m actually working with Michael Hyatt and Daniel Harkavy on”
- [23:11] – Connect with Luria on her website
- [23:24] – Do not let doubts consume you
- [23:40] – Live Streaming Pros
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!