Mark & Tamiel Kenney are real estate investors with 25 years of multifamily experience. Think Multifamily’s mission: Help people retire early though real estate investing.
ThinkMultifamily.com – Learn more about how you can preserve & grow your wealth using real estate!
Tamiel’s Email – Connect with Tamiel!
3 Value Bombs
1) Don’t focus on becoming an expert on things that you don’t like.
2) Leaving a legacy is more than just leaving money to somebody; it’s leaving something of value that can change a life, a family, or a community.
3) When looking for a mentor or a partner, make sure you are not compromising your own character or values.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Cracking the Code in Apartment Investing with Mark and Tamiel Kenney
[0:56] – Tamiel shares something about herself and Mark that most people don’t know.
- They are both twins. Mark has an identical twin and Tamiel has a fraternal twin.
[1:57] – Why would somebody want to invest in apartments?
- They started out with investing in stocks and bonds, but realized quickly it was more logical to have a house to live in versus a piece of paper.
[4:34] – How realistic would it be for new real estate investor to start with large apartments?
- Match up your skills with somebody who has skills you do not have, and work together as a team. Then you can take on larger projects.
[6:17] – Why do some people win and some lose in the real estate niche?
- If you are in the business long enough there is a good chance you are going to have a loss.
- Training, practice, and having experience is very important.
[8:23] – What is the best way to partner up with someone who has experience?
- You need to develop a skill that is valuable to other people.
- Figure out what you’re good at, what you like, and what you don’t like… Don’t focus on becoming an expert on things that you don’t like.
- If two people in a partnership think exactly the same, one of them is unnecessary. Look for people who complement your skills.
[11:50] – Tamiel, talks about Active Investing versus Passive Investing. Which is better for Financial Freedom: Active or Passive Investing?
- You can be an Active Investor even if you’re a Passive Investor.
- Active Investing is the best way to financial freedom.
[13:23] – Mark gives an example of Passive versus Active Investing.
[18:50] – What is it like working with your spouse?
- It gets rough some days, but what matters is how you work around your challenges. It’s all about growing personally and growing together.
[22:16] – How and why are you getting your kids involved in the business?
- To build a family legacy; it’s not just one person going out and creating income for the family – it’s getting the whole family involved.
- Leaving a legacy is more than just leaving money to somebody; it’s leaving something of value that can change a life, a family, or a community.
[25:15] – Is there a benefit to working with a coach?
- There is; an experienced coach will help you identify potential issues much faster than someone who is new to the business.
[28:17] – How is your coaching different than others?
- They are very responsive and more involved.
- It’s not just business for them, but a family.
[31:36] –Mark and Tamiel’s parting piece of guidance
- The culture of any group stems from its leadership. Family and family values are very important. Nobody gets left behind.
- Get good at something quickly, and then start adding value to other people; find somebody that is doing what you want to do and partner up with them
- When looking for a mentor or a partner, make sure you’re not compromising your own character or values.
[33:41] – Learn more about Mark and Tamiel!
- ThinkMultifamily.com – Learn more about how you can preserve & grow your wealth using real estate!
- Tamiel’s Email – Connect with Mark & Tamiel!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!