Pete Jones is passionate about helping people be more present with God. Pete and his wife have been running their business on the road for the past two years – in an RV!
Daily Kairos – Learn how you can become present in more moments with God
Kairos Journal Kickstarter Launch Team – Learn more about Pete’s project!
3 Value Bombs
1) Being busy is just an attitude, which simply needs to be adjusted.
2) Journaling is important because it will help you remember things better.
3) It’s possible to have Kairos moments all the time. Believe it; it will transform your life.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Live in More Kairos Moments with Pete Jones
[2:06]– Pete shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- For the past 2 years Pete and his wife have been traveling in an RV!
[4:30] – What does Kairos mean?
- Pete shares that the Ancient Greeks have two words for describing time thousands of years ago.
- Chronos – it is sequential and chronological – time is attached to it.
- Kairos – it is qualitative – you cannot attach a set time to it.
[5:58] – What is a Kairos moment?
- An opportunity for God to break through. It does not have a time attached to it.
[8:41] – What are some of the biggest things that hinder us from living/experiencing Kairos moments?
- Pete believes that being busy is just an attitude, which simply needs to be adjusted.
- Pete shares a recent study: a person spends an average of 4 hours a day on their phone and half of that is spent on social media.
[11:46] – What are some practical ways to be more present in general and with God?
- Be conscious; learn to recognize when it’s time to put your phone down.
- Reflect more and develop a habit of taking at least 10 minutes to go through your day.
- Ask yourself “What happened today?”
- Write things down to help you remember.
[16:28] – Pete discusses the 4 P’s of being present with God.
- Pray – it will help clear your mind.
- Put away distraction – it will help you focus on what you are doing.
- Pick a place – being intentional about the place you go to is important.
- Preparation – bring anything that might be useful and have an expectant heart to experience Kairos moments.
[22:04] – Why is it important to journal in our digital day and age?
- Journaling is important because it will help you remember things better.
- Writing things down will help you keep your memory sharp. The art of memorizing is an important aspect of journaling.
- It helps your mood and reduces stress.
[24:54] – The Kairos Journal: why did you create this journal, and how will it help Fire Nation become more present?
- Pete shares a story about his dad
[26:36] – Pete invites Fire Nation to check out his website and connect with him on Facebook!
- Daily Kairos – Learn how you can become present in more moments with God
- Kairos Journal Kickstarter Launch Team – Learn more about Pete’s project!
[28:40] – Pete’s parting piece of guidance
- It is possible to have Kairos moments all the time. By being intentional and being present we are able to have Kairos moments every single day. Believe it; it will transform your life.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!