Mark is the CEO of BedJet, a SleepTech startup making the world’s first rapid cooling, heating and climate control system for beds. He’s one of the top 5 most successful Shark Tank fails.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Alibaba – Mark’s small business resource
Influence – Mark’s Top Business Book
BedJet – Mark’s website
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
Free Podcast Course – Learn to Create, Grow, and Monetize your podcast!
3 Value Bombs
1) Sleep should not be taken for granted; it’s most essential when it comes to your daily energy.
2) Don’t let other people weigh you down.
3) The tables may turn—don’t take a single loss as being completely defeated.
Gusto: Gusto makes payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses! And right now Gusto is offering Fire Nation an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today and you’ll get 3 months FREE once you run your first payroll! Visit Gusto.com/fire to sign up today!
Go To Webinar: My BEST marketing strategy? Hosting LIVE WEBINARS. And Go To Webinar has the reliability and the features you need to deliver webinars your audience will love. For more information, visit GoToWebinar.com/fire!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:56] – Mark is married to an amazing woman and they just had their first baby
[01:51] – His area of expertise is in applying technology to improve the sleep experience
[02:41] – He is also learning to create products that can compete with big companies
[03:28] – Startups don’t need to have a million dollar budget anymore
[05:04] – Entrepreneurs can now compete with the multi-million dollar companies with a tight budget
[06:35] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Three things important for your health are sleep, nutrition, and exercise. It’s actually sleep that has the most impact in regards to our daily energy. Americans are chronically under-rested
[07:21] – The US National Center for Disease Control says the lack of sufficient sleep is a US public health epidemic
[08:50] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Mark’s episode on Shark Tank was nasty. Mark was not prepared for being instantly hated. Within 30 seconds of being on the show, he was already going down
[13:58] – The other half of the problem was Mark was not yet in production at that time, but had working prototypes
[14:57] – To add to that, the Sharks didn’t like the price
[17:35] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Number one, I get the last laugh at my experience on Shark Tank…”
[20:39] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I think we’re lazy, our lives our busy, we have so much going on…”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Don’t ever take failure personally”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’ve become an expert at everything that’s critical to my business”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Alibaba
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Influence – “once you read this book you will understand all the different elements of marketing being used on you”
[29:24] – “Get better sleep; invest in your sleep”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!