Andrew has helped clients and his own businesses gross over $600,000,000 in sales online.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Predictably Irrational – Andrew’s Top Business Book
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
The Freedom Journal– Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) User experience is crucial—check your analytics to make sure you’re website is performing well.
2) You are NOT the customer, so get feedback from others.
3) Leave NO room for mis-interpretation.
TransferWise: A multi-currency account that makes it cheaper to pay – and get paid – in foreign currencies. Join the 2m people who are already saving on international transaction fees! Head to TransferWise.com/fire to try it for free!
Go To Webinar: My BEST marketing strategy? Hosting LIVE WEBINARS. And Go To Webinar has the reliability and the features you need to deliver webinars your audience will love. For more information, visit GoToWebinar.com/fire!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:25] – Andrew has been building businesses online for 17 years
[01:56] – He focuses on scaling businesses through smart marketing, technology and automation
[04:00] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Everyone should understand mobile deeply and how it affects businesses
[04:50] – A website can work better on an iOS device than on an Android
[06:33] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It was 2009 when Andrew built a good business online, but there were still competitors who were doing it much better. Andrew chased after an affiliate network, and the network agreed to do a trial with him. They tried a traffic conversion test for an hour and received 300 sales within that hour. Unfortunately, it was not enough for the affiliate company, so they declined Andrew’s offer
[08:46] – Andrew learned not to rely on affiliate companies sending traffic to his offers
[09:00] – It’s important to understand how to optimize your conversions
[09:34] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Andrew was pushing through to redo a site that was doing quite well. He optimized, changed and upgraded by getting 15% boosts on the outside conversions. This gave him more room with the Facebook and Google algorithm to buy more traffic within his CPA and still be able to grow his business. Facebook called Andrew to have his company name on a billboard because of his growth
[12:12] – You need to test and look deeper into Google and Facebook analytics
[14:23] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s actually being on your show”
[15:05] – Andrew loves helping and sharing his knowledge with other people
[16:00]– The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “No is not an option in business and technology”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Learning”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Screeencast and Jing
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Predictably Irrational – The author is a real genius and a behavioral economist who shows you why people buy things
[19:57] – Constantly optimize, re-rate your business, and test new things
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!