Mark Victor Hansen is co-author of Chicken Soup for the Soul and is author of Power of Focus, The Aladdin Factor, Dare to Win, and One Minute Millionaire.
Ask! by Mark Victor Hansen – The Bridge from Your Dreams to Your Destiny.
3 Value Bombs
1) Once someone starts talking, heart to heart, soul to soul, then you really have deeply penetrating and meaningful conversations.
2) Ask the right questions.
3) When you write what you want, it is your prediction of your future. And every time you write it, you synchronize it with time and space.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Why Technology, Science, and Art Must be Mastered to be Massively Successful
[1:29] – Mark shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Success is an inside out job. It starts within you.
[2:01] – Let’s assume all our listeners want to have exponential growth in both business and life… what would you recommend we ask?
- Let the people who matter around you ask you. It can be your spouse, business partner, religious partner, etc.
- Once they start talking, heart to heart, soul to soul, then you really have deeply penetrating and meaningful conversations.
[3:23] – Becoming a visionary is a goal of many… How do we ask ourselves to become a visionary?
- We have 3 channels: ask yourself, ask others, ask God.
- Go deep in your mid because we have a lot of distractions in life. Keep on asking and it will pop up, and have a pen and paper ready because it will come up anytime.
- When Jack called me at 2:59am for the Chicken Soup for the Soul, we mailed it, got turned down by tons of publishers, and our agent fired us… but we still sold half a million books.
- In psychology there is a thing we call Thought Command. It is best before you go to sleep because that’s when the mind is waking up with your visionary nature.
[5:25] – Can you share your ‘break through’ idea?
- You have to ask yourself exactly what you want and you have to put it in writing.
- Mark went through a horrific divorce decades ago. He wrote down what he wanted in a soulmate, and wrote down 267 things he needed in his ideal woman.
- When you figure out what you want and you go over the depth of your thinking, when you’ve poured your heart and soul into something, you’ll get huge results.
[7:10] – What are some other personal strategies that you’ve used that have really worked?
- He knew what he wanted – and his goal was to become a world bestselling author. He interviewed 101 of the best authors and asked how they have marketed and sold their books.
- He was able to make a great business plan because of that.
- Ask the right questions.
[13:47] – How do you ask God or a higher power to maximize your abilities, unique talents, and skills?
- Pray out loud with your spouse everyday.
- Every morning when he and his spouse wake they pray and meditate for an hour together.
- They sculpt their day, talk about what will be their desired outcome and how to make their day fruitful.
[18:28] – Pull out just one story that will resonate with Fire Nation.
- Mark met a wonderful guy who’s goal was to be strong and be an NFL player.
- When he got recruited and underwent medical tests he discovered that he would be forever blind.
- He loved watching TV, so he said that somebody had to start narrating so he knew what was on television.
- They started a narrative show and 14 million people watched it everyday.
- Now, he has made a 100 million dollars, made a movie he can’t watch, and wrote a book he can’t read.
[21:54] – Mark’s key take away and Call to Action for Fire Nation
- When you write what you want, it is your prediction of your future. And every time you write it, you synchronize it with time and space.
- Ask! by Mark Victor Hansen – The Bridge from Your Dreams to Your Destiny.
- Become a master asker.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!