Matteo Franceschetti has always been obsessed with performance. Athletic performance, business performance, and now sleep performance.
An athlete from a young age—he was a competitive ski racer in his native Italy and played tennis and raced cars on the European stage. Not surprisingly, sleepless nights were a way of life. It was his quest for more restorative sleep, in fact, that led him to quit his previous life and launch EightSleep, a New York-based company dedicated to fueling human potential through optimal sleep, and to turning the bed into a seamless health platform for improved health, performance, and longevity.
EightSleep – Get $150 off your purchase of the Pod by Eight Sleep with promo code FIRE!
3 Value Bombs
1) Lack of sleep can affect your longevity and health.
2) When looking for funding, the key is having traction; it will make the process a lot easier.
3) The future of the sleep industry is that you will be able to sleep for 6 hours yet get more rest with the help of technology.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Building a Business on Sleep with Matteo Franceschetti
[1:48] – Matteo shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He loves motorsports; he has been racing cars since he was 14 years old, and his last race was in Abu Dhabi back in 2018.
[3:21] – Matteo talks about the importance of sleep.
- 3 Pillars of health:
- Sleep is the foundation. Lack of sleep can affect your longevity and health.
[6:40] – Matteo talks about why EightSleep is unique and discusses its mission and goals
- The mission of EightSleep is to make the world sleep fit. They want to help take care of your sleep and achieve a state of sleep fitness that will unlock your full potential.
- The goal is to help improve your sleep performance; technology can enhance your sleep recovery and make you sleep for a short time while still achieving the same amount of recovery and rest.
- EightSleep is not just about tracking; you can use the data to take action to enhance your sleep.
[9:49] – Matteo talks about the benefits of The Pod by EightSleep
- It enhances the changes in body temperature to get you into deep sleep faster and longer.
[13:30] – Matteo talks about their funding process
- The key is having traction; it will make the funding process easier.
- Matteo did a crowd funding campaign on Indigogo for EightSleep in 2015.
- They went through a Y Combinator program for 3 months, and with that they were able to raise $6 million.
[19:21] – How does EightSleep stand out in a saturated market?
- EightSleep beds come with software and provide sleep enhancement – compared with other traditional beds that don’t offer the software component.
[22:16] – How does EightSleep help improve sleep?
- The core feature of EightSleep is its Thermoregulation. This helps you get into deep sleep faster and stay in deep sleep longer.
- In the morning, the Thermo alarm will help raise your body temperature and get you ready to wake up before your alarm goes off.
- Their Sleep Coaching System provides insights, information, and content based on the struggles you have during sleep.
[23:57] – What is the future of the sleep industry?
- The future of the sleep industry is that you will be able to sleep for 6 hours, yet get more rest with the help of technology.
[26:13]- Matteo’s parting piece of guidance!
- Sleep is changing, and it will continue to be enhanced through technology.
- EightSleep – Get $150 off your purchase of the Pod by Eight Sleep with promo code FIRE!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!