Matt Knee is the founder of MyCompanyWorks and author of Startups Made Simple: How to Start, Grow and Systemize Your Dream Business. He’s passionate about helping founders find their freedom.
MyCompanyWorks.com/fire: Your exclusive Entrepreneur on Fire Bonuses!
3 Value Bombs
1) Systemization is taking what is routine and ensuring that anyone can do it.
2) A business without systems will drain your life-force.
3) Life is short. Stop doing the things that you dislike. Start today with systemizing your biggest time or energy drain!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How systemization can save your business and life with Matt Knee.
[1:11]- Matt shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He is a “dot com” veteran; he worked with the original Pay Per Click company. His grandfather was the personal photographer of Howard Hughes.
[3:13] – What is systemization and why is it important for business owners to understand and implement?
- Systemization is taking what is routine and ensuring that anyone can do it.
- It is simple and so important, because if you do not systemize, then you will have less freedom and less money.
- Matt’s entire company has a system dashboard called Activated Checklist. He has a personal system wherein all his bills are on auto-pay.
[5:55] – In what ways does systemizing your business actually save your life?
- A business without systems will drain your life-force.
- It took him nearly 17 years to get his company on the Inc. 5000 list.
- Having systems saved his life. Working in a normal routine without systems is like a living death for Matt.
[9:45] – Matt gives his recommendation for how to avoid being in the middle of chaos in terms of business handling.
- Take the biggest time or energy suck in your business – that needs attention and resolution – what is that thing?
[11:32] – How can you develop a systems mindset in your business?
- Commit to the mindset of systems and set yourself free.
- 80/20 rule.
- Assign your time a value.
- Organize, Centralize, and Systemize.
[15:10] – Do you still have to work once you’re systemized?
- At first it can be challenging, but once you’ve got it down, it gets better week by week.
- You will still have to work, but systemization will give you more freedom.
[18:43] – What can one do if they’re just starting out?
- Start immediately.
- Create a list of what needs to be accomplished.
- Get the big bullet points.
- Hire people with the skills you need for your business.
[20:57]– Matt’s parting piece of guidance
- Life is short. Stop doing the things that you dislike. Start today with systemizing your biggest time or energy drain.
[21:55] – Matt gives his final call to action.
- Exclusive Entrepreneur on Fire Bonuses!
- Startups Made Simple: How to Start, Grow and Systemize Your Dream Business – Grab a copy of his book on Amazon!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!