Bob Healy is an engineer, businessman, inventor and entrepreneur. He is the founder of GrillBlazer and creator of the GrillGun and Su-VGun, which you can see at GrillBlazer.com, which he funded using Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
Grill Blazer Website – Charcoal grilling in 60 second.
Bob’s Email – Connect with Bob!
3 Value Bombs
1) Whenever you want to make something and turn it into a business, you have to be detailed.
2) Figure out an effective marketing strategy for your project regardless of whether or not you run a successful Kickstarter project.
3) There is nothing more important than having integrity. It is easier to remember the truth than to remember what you made up.
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
Knowledge Broker Blueprint: KBB is a groundbreaking system created by legends Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi on how to take the knowledge you already have and share it to create next level success! Visit KBBbonus.com to learn more about KBB & check out our Bonus Experience we’re including FREE for anyone who joins KBB using our affiliate link!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Raise $405,000 in 4 Months with My Kickstarter Campaign | The Grill Gun Story with Bob Healey.
[1:24] – Bob shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He sings classical music and he likes to perform.
[2:25] – What is the origin story of GrillGun?
- Bob and his wife like charcoal grilling, and he had been doing it for nearly 2 decades at the time.
- People are accustomed to the usual 30-minute process for the charcoal lighter to burn off, but he does it in 3 minutes.
- He hadn’t seen anyone else do this, so… ah-ha!
- He designed and modeled it and had a working prototype in May 2018.
[5:48] – Where did the idea to run a Kickstart campaign came from?
- Whenever you want to make something and turn it into a business, you have to be detailed.
- Design a prototype; figure out what you are going to do – figure out where to manufacture it and how to campaign for it.
- He got the idea from realizing the financial challenges he would encounter while developing his GrillGun
[9:20] – Where did you go to learn how to run a Kickstarter campaign?
- Bob studied the successful Kickstarter Campaigns that were already out there.
- He put together a story board of what a successful Kickstarter Campaign looked like.
- He learn from the mistakes of others and from their successes and he just did it!
[13:54] – Bob talks about 7 things you must do to launch a successful campaign.
- Study other successful Kickstarter campaigns and model yours after the commonalities you find.
- Figure out an effective marketing strategy for your project
- Know with absolute certainty what it is going to cost to bring your project to life.
- Be an expert on the topic of whatever you’re offering
- Find and do whatever it takes to get your message out.
- Do not hesitate – do it while you have momentum going for you.
- Communicate with your backers regularly, and above all do everything with complete and absolute integrity.
[30:05] – Bob parting piece of guidance
- There is nothing more important than having integrity. It is easier to remember the truth than to remember what you made up.
- Grill Blazer Website – Charcoal grilling in 60 second.
- Bob’s Email – Connect with Bob!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!