Michael E. Gerber is the author of the NY Times mega-bestseller, for two consecutive decades, “The E-Myth Revisited” and nine other worldwide best-selling E-Myth books concerning small business entrepreneurship, leadership, and management.
Michael’s website – Transform Your Life. Realize Your Dream. Vision. Purpose. Mission.
3 Value Bombs
1) If you’re to become someone you’re not, or you’re to possess something you don’t feel, or you’re unwilling to go one step further in your life without discovering who you are and why you’re here, then The Dreaming Room Online is for you.
2) The entrepreneurial spirit, despite the desire to not experience pain, is incapable of not doing what’s necessary to be done despite the pain that comes with it. It’s driven from within – from the notion that we’re born from the image of God.
3) The four personalities an entrepreneur is comprised of — the dreamer, the thinker, the storyteller, the leader.
Stripe: Whether you’re an online or in-person retailer, software platform, marketplace, or subscriptions business, Stripe makes processing payments simple and borderless. Visit Stripe.com to learn more!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Design, Build, Launch and Grow a Small Company.
[1:15] – Michael shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Most people are unwilling to bear the pain of not getting what they thought they were going to get. Because of that, most people leave much to soon.
- Few people overcome their resistance to pain. That’s their obstacle on their way to discovering their dream, vision, purpose, or a mission, and going to work steadfastly in the process of designing, building, launching, and growing a company that works.
[3:39] –The E-Myth Manifesto breaks down how to design, build, launch and grow small companies that grow into large companies. Michael shares that manifesto and why it has been effective for so long.
- The manifesto is called the 8-fold path.
- A dream, a vision, a purpose, a mission, a job, a practice, a business, an enterprise – every single individual must know that that’s the irrefutable process that one must go through if one is going to awaken the entrepreneurial spirit within.
- The entrepreneurial spirit, despite the desire to not experience pain, is incapable of not doing what’s necessary to be done despite the pain that comes with it. It’s driven from within from the notion that we’re born from the image of God.
[9:15] – The first 2 of the 4 hats of an entrepreneur.
- The four personalities an entrepreneur is comprised of — the dreamer, the thinker, the storyteller, the leader.
- The dream is the great result for you to produce. Those dreams need to be fortified and formalized in a statement.
- The vision is to form that dream, which is needed in order for it to become a reality.
- The purpose is for every small business on the planet that is moved by the dream and vision to become as successful as a McDonald’s franchisee.
- Every single small business owner, or individual, who might aspire to have a company of their own, in order to start the process, must discover their dream, their mission, purpose, and explain them in a language that will bring them to life – to reality.
[17:51] – The dreaming room online — where did the idea come from, and what will it be like in the future?
- It’s about working with small business owners in the street every imaginable way possible, by coaching, mentoring, leading, guiding, teaching, inspiring them, beating them up, pissing them off – every method imaginable.
- In order for someone to touch the heart of an entrepreneur (we call it the creator within), something has to happen in an intense fashion for that to come to pass. That intense fashion is what he designed the dreaming room to do.
- The experience of people suddenly pushed to the limits of their imagination, creativity, and resistance, to discover someone within themselves they have never met before.
- Do not quit. Do not stop even if it gets to be painful, even if it gets to pissing somebody off. In that moment, something real is going to come to pass.
[25:25] – Michael’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation.
- The dreaming room is not just something to do. It is something to pursue with every bit of energy that you muster. It is an ingredient that you must add to your life.
- If you’re become someone you’re not, or you’re to possess something you don’t feel, or you’re unwilling to go one step further in your life without discovering who you are and why you’re here, then The Dreaming Room Online is for you.
- Michael’s website – Transform Your Life. Realize Your Dream. Vision. Purpose. Mission.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!