Michael Hyatt is the Chief Executive Officer and founder of Michael Hyatt & Company. Under his leadership, Michael Hyatt & Company has been featured in the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in America for three years in a row. He is also the author of several bestselling books, including Your Best Year Ever, Free to Focus, and his newest book The Vision-Driven Leader. He’s been married for over 40 years, has five daughters, and nine grandchildren.
The Vision Driven Leader – Pre-order Michael’s book from any retailer, then use the receipt to grab your free e-book, the audiobook, and get the Vision Scripter Tool!
3 Value Bombs
1) The essence of leadership is having a destination.
2) Having a practical vision is essential because without a vision you do not have a filter for evaluating your everyday decisions.
3) If you want to succeed, you’ve got to have integrity and vision.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Become A Vision-Driven Leader with Michael Hyatt
[1:54] – Michael shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He is a Native American flute collector, and he loves playing the flute!
[3:03] – Michaels talks about his newest book The Vision Driven Leader.
- 20 years ago he realized that everything begins and is based upon the vision of a bigger and better future.
- Vision is everything, and it works.
- The essence of leadership is having a destination.
[4:59] – The difference between a leader and manager.
- Leaders create vision; managers execute vision.
- Leaders inspire and motivate; managers maintain and administer.
- Leaders take the risk; managers control the risk.
- Leaders stay focus on the horizon; managers have an eye on short-term goals and objectives.
- Business nowadays is full of managers, but there are few visionary leaders.
[6:58] – What role does having a clear vision make in the effectiveness and success of a leader?
- With a vision, you’ve got something compelling to move towards.
- The more successful you become, the easier you get distracted by opportunities.
- Having a vision has a lot of practical implications.
[8:40] – What are some notable qualities of a vision driven leader?
- Be an optimist.
- Be a risk-taker.
- Be engaged.
[11:33] – Michaels talks about being a leader.
- Ownership is a key quality of success.
- A leader must own their vision.
- Vision is a clear, inspiring, practical, and attractive picture of your organization’s future.
[13:20] – 4 characteristics of an inspiring vision.
- What isn’t, and not what is?
- Exponential, and not incremental
- Risky, but not dense
- Focus on the what vs. how
[20:17] – In what ways does a practical vision guide Michael’s day-to-day decisions?
- Having a practical vision is essential because without a vision you do not have a filter for evaluating your everyday decisions.
[22:03] – 3 essential traits to effectively respond to resistance
[27:58] – What is the Vision Scripter Tool, and what is it for?
- The Vision Scripter Tool is an online tool that will help you create a vision.
[29:13]- Why should Fire Nation read The Vision Driven Leader.
- “Without vision, the people perish.”
- If you want to succeed, you’ve got to have integrity and vision.
- Read the book and become a vision driven leader.
[30:02] – Michael’s call to action for Fire Nation.
- The Vision Driven Leader – Pre-order Michael’s book from any retailer, then use the receipt to grab your free e-book, the audiobook, and get the Vision Scripter Tool!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!