Mike Michalowicz is the author of Profit First, Fix This Next and his upcoming release, Get Different. By his 35th birthday, Mike had founded and sold two companies – one to private equity and another to a Fortune 500. Today he is running his third multi-million dollar venture, Profit First Professionals. Over the years, Mike has traveled the globe speaking with thousands of entrepreneurs and is here today to share the best of what he has learned.
Get Different – Check out Mike’s upcoming book and grab his FREE resources! Learn about marketing that always gets results!
3 Value Bombs
1) Success is not the accumulation of stuff. Instead, it is simply being comfortable with who you are.
2) Unexpected marketing garners attention.
3) Marketing is the ultimate act of kindness.
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Get Different: Marketing That Always Gets Results with Mike Michalowicz
[1:55] – Mike shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that success is not the accumulation of stuff. Instead, it is simply being comfortable with who you are.
[4:16] – Why do so many marketing plans fail?
- When something unexpected presents itself, it forces you to evaluate if you will consider it a threat or option.
- Unexpected marketing garners attention.
[8:00] – Why does the act of copying best practices from your competition pretty much guarantee your marketing will fall flat and go unnoticed?
- Because it is not you
- You have to be consistent and do not break trust.
- Be authentic.
[12:28] – Mike talks about the framework he named DAD.
- DAD is the foundational essence of effective marketing.
- Differentiate – do random stuff to guarantee attention without any risks.
- Attract – make your marketing attractive to your targeted audience.
- Direct – give your prospects a specific action to take.
[15:49] – Mike believes the people we are marketing to consume what we’re putting forward in millisecond increments.
- Your mind is constantly scanning your surroundings and is always makes a subconscious decision to determine if it is a threat or not.
- It takes longer to blink compared to proceeding forward with a marketing piece.
- Your marketing win happens within a millisecond increment, and you have to win each one to achieve your target.
[17:48] – Mike talks about his brand new book, Get Different.
- Get Different releases September 21, 2021. It decodes what makes marketing successful.
- Marketing is the ultimate act of kindness.
- Get Different – Check out Mike’s upcoming book and grab his FREE resources! Learn about marketing that always gets results!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!