Molly is a CEO and business author. Hailed as the “female Jerry Maguire,” she built a successful career as one of the first female sports agents. Molly represented hundreds of sports biggest names and today she’s a top motivational speaker.
MollyFletcher.com – Helping leaders, teams, and organizations reimagine their potential.
Leadership Huddles Training – Recharge your purpose, energy and mindset in one of Molly’s Leadership Huddles! Use the code FIRE to get $10 off of your monthly subscription!
3 Value Bombs
1) Make sure you align your energy with your purpose. That purpose, generally, is something that fills up other people.
2) If you don’t know why you do what you do, then it will be difficult to wake up and grind it every single day.
3) Look at your life and calendar through the lens of energy, then adjust the calendar in such a way that you manage it to ensure that you have energy in life for the things that matter most.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Managing Your Time Through the Lens of Energy.
[1:21] – Molly shares something that she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- People think that success and fulfillment is a choice of one or the other. You can actually have both, and it’s important in life to pursue both.
[2:56] – Balance is a controversial word these days, especially for entrepreneurs. How can we adjust our schedules when we have a goal of balancing our priorities?
- Balance is a byproduct of clarity.
- Have discipline. It’s hard to say no, but if you do say no to having a 7:30pm cocktail with a potential client, you are saying yes to having dinner with your family.
[6:07] – How important is fulfillment in our lives, and how can we find it in the work that we are doing – and even more so when you have distractions?
- The demand most of Molly’s clients struggle with is exceeding their capacity – overtime that is not sustainable.
- There’s a big difference between fulfillment and achievement. Fulfillment is things that bring joy over a period of time
- Businesses have mission statements, values, and core purpose.
- Make sure you align your energy with your purpose. That purpose, generally, is something that fills up other people.
[11:12] – JLD and Molly talk about the Olympics. Success, happiness, and fulfillment is the gradual realization of a worthy ideal.
- The “why” is integral to one’s ability to withstand speed bumps, challenges, and hiccups that will inevitably come with anything that we all try to do in life that’s hard.
[17:01] – Distractions are everywhere. Why is it important to eliminate distractions in work and in life?
- When you have a day when you are intentional about not multi-tasking, by the end of the day you have more energy and you feel better.
- If you’re not as intentional and as disciplined about multi-tasking, you feel drained and exhausted
- We all have internal distractions, or our private voice.
- If the voice inside of us is not lifting us up and taking us to where we want to go, then we have to identify it and create a better one.
[21:13] – How does one conduct and energy audit?
- Pull back and identify the things in your life that give you energy.
- Write down the things that drain you.
- Go out 30 days and be intentional about protecting the things in your life that give you energy.
- Look at the things that drain you, and see if you can give it away, or say no to it, or delegate it.
- Look at your life and calendar through the lens of energy, then adjust the calendar in such a way that you have energy in life for the things that matter most.
[26:28] – Molly’s call to action for Fire Nation!
- MollyFletcher.com – Helping leaders, teams, and organizations reimagine their potential.
- Leadership Huddles Training – Recharge your purpose, energy and mindset in one of Molly’s Leadership Huddles! Use the code FIRE to get $10 off of your monthly subscription!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!