Molly McGrath is a 3x #1 Amazon Bestselling Author of “Speaking Your Truth”, “Intrapreneurs in an Entrepreneur’s World”, & “Don’t Be a Yes Chick”. Molly has coached or consulted over 1,500 small business owners on how to infiltrate new markets, leverage partner ecosystems, and produce profitability.
Hiring And Empowering Solutions – Visit Molly’s website to learn more and get 25% off on any of her services!
Hiring And Empowering Podcast – Check out Molly’s podcast.
3 Value Bombs
1) You can always teach skill set and knowledge, but it is difficult to teach mindset and integrity.
2) When terminating an employee, you can do it with integrity by making it quick and simple.
3) You can create an empowered employee by giving them time, attention and feedback.
The Marketing Secrets Podcast: My buddy Russell Brunson – founder of ClickFunnels – is on a mission to help get entrepreneurs unstuck so they can get back to changing the world! Check out his podcast at MarketingSecrets.com!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: When to Hire, When to Fire and How to Do it with Confidence, Integrity & Empowerment with Molly McGrath
[1:17] – Molly shares something interesting about herself that most people do not know.
- She does not have a college degree.
[3:28] – How do you know when it is time to make the leap and hire your 1st (or 10th) employee as an entrepreneur?
- If it sucks the life out of you already, and if you start to lose track of what you’re responsible for, it’s time to hire.
[7:14]- Why do most business owners struggle with finding and keeping rockstar employees?
- Oftentimes the hiring process is the most dreaded task for business owners.
- You can always teach skill set and knowledge, but it is difficult to teach mindset and integrity.
[9:21] – How can one quickly differentiate a rockstar employee with a “good enough” employee?
- The Rock Star Employee is someone who always comes to you with a proposed solution and responds with clarifying, empowered questions; their main job is to protect your confidence.
- The Good Enough Employee is someone who is un-coachable; they take feedback personally and poorly, and they have no personal connection to your mission and values.
[12:22]- How does one know when it is time to fire someone, and how can they be sure they’re doing it with integrity?
- When you catch yourself avoiding someone, or you can no longer deal with the person for various reasons, that is enough reason to let an employee go.
- You can do it with integrity by making it quick and simple. Communication is the key
- Do not tell anybody else that you are doing it.
[15:34] – What is an Intrapreneur?
- Somebody who fully understands the advantage that they can bring to the team – way above skill set and knowledge.
- They are entrepreneurial.
- Somebody who is honored to protect your time, confidence and your personal relationships.
[21:15] – What is an “empowered” employee, and how can you create that in someone?
- A person who understands what it takes to get a client and what it takes to keep a client.
- You can create an empowered employee by giving them time, attention and feedback.
- Not all employees can be rockstar employees, but they can be empowered.
[25:13] – Why do most entrepreneurs struggle growing their businesses?
- They tolerate and hang onto people much too long.
- They aren’t following the 80-20 rule.
- They’re not spending time with their employees.
[28:40] – Molly’s parting piece of guidance
- Hiring And Empowering Solutions – Visit Molly’s website to learn more and to get 25% off on any of her services!
- Hiring And Empowering Podcast – Check out Molly’s weekly podcast.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!