Known as “The Positioner”, Monaica Ledell is the President of Truth Hacking™, an unconventional, profit-focused branding company. She’s helped her clients create $10 million in revenue and worked with giants like Lisa Nichols, Jaime Tardy and Jonathan Fields. She loves the midwest where Kansas is home and the buffaloes Rome.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- GroupMe – Monaica’s small business resource
- The Hidden Secret – Monaica’s top business book
- Monaica’s free checklist – How well does your brand measure up?
3 Key Points:
- Push your boundaries. Keep working to find out what more you’re capable of.
- Learn how to sell. Until you know that, your business cannot succeed.
- Reach out to people. Find a mentor who’s where you want to be and talk to them.
- ZipRecruiter – Are you ready to find your perfect hire? Right now you can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:30] – Monaica got married in college and pregnant a few months later
- [03:24] – Monaica generates revenue by creating successful brands for her clients
- [04:48] – Maximize growth with exposure, profit, and impact
- [05:14] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Coming home to find her house foreclosed
- [07:25] – “I didn’t know how to sell. I didn’t know how to generate money.”
- [07:54] – Monaica lost a lot of money by making bad investments in her business
- [08:25] – “I was making badly informed decisions – I put advertisements on grocery receipts!”
- [10:27] – Monaica didn’t find a mentor until she hit rock bottom
- [11:15] – Find a mentor who’s the right match – people who are where you want to be
- [12:30] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: “Going rogue” – when Monaica started trusting herself
- [14:49] – “Nobody is going to figure this out for me… It’s down to me.”
- [15:00] – Trust yourself – take advice, but have the confidence to make your own decisions
- [15:46] – Biggest weakness? – “I’m so impatient!”
- [16:08] – “I have a Post-It note that say ‘stick with the plan’”
- [16:32] – Biggest strength? – “I’m not afraid to ask for help.”
- [17:00] – What has Monaica most fired up today? “Breaking through my own mind’s limitations: pushing myself further and further.”
- [18:33] – The dream of an entrepreneur is to be gradually realizing a worthy ideal
- [20:00] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Learning how to market and sell”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You can’t go wrong doing the right thing”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Creating boundaries in my business. I don’t take my computer home and I only work with clients that inspire me.”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – GroupMe
- If you could recommend just one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Hidden Secret
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter taken care of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would have 100 conversations with 100 people.”
- [22:26] – Parting piece of guidance: “If you’re trying to create a world-changing brand, it’s about more than just being yourself. Become exceptional.”
- [22:46] – Check out Monaica’s free checklist for creating an unforgettable brand
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!