CEO and serial entrepreneur of 5 successful companies and 10 board of advisory positions, Susan is a TV celebrity and trusted hot sex advisor to millions of people who want more passionate intimacy.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Webinar Jam – Susan’s small business resource
- Scaling Up – Susan’s top business book
- Personal Life Media – Susan’s website
3 Key Points:
- Choose stock options. Work for companies you believe in, and work for a piece of them.
- Your business is your business. Understand everything you possibly can about it.
- Work on communication and intimacy.
- SquareSpace: When you decide to sign up for SquareSpace, make sure to use the promo code FIRE to get 10% off your first purchase!
- Toptal: Find the perfect developer or designer to help bring your next project to live with Toptal’s 2-week, no risk trial. Visit Toptal.com/fire or shoot me an email and I’ll personally introduce you to an executive at Toptal who can help you get set up!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [02:10] – Susan works from home with a distributed team
- [03:16] – Susan generates revenue by publishing information about better sex
- [05:06] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Realizing that the CTO of a company she worked for was defrauding them.
- [10:45] – “You have to understand as much as you possibly can about your business”
- [11:38] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Taking stock options in all the start-ups she’s worked for
- [12:50] – Sweat Equity
- [13:51] – Biggest weakness? – “Finances. I keep an eye on things but my partner handles most of the corporate finances”
- [14:50] – Biggest strength? – “Driving revenue. Doing deals.”
- [15:37] – What has Susan most fired up today? “I’ve started writing video scripts”
- 17:20 – Susan’s website is Personal Life Media
- [19:90] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Work for stock options”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I call people up on the phone and talk to them”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Webinar Jam
- If you could recommend just one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Scaling Up
- [23:58] – Parting piece of guidance: “Work on your sex life”
- 24:19 – Connect with Susan via email
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!