Nabeel Alamgir is an immigrant and grew up homeless. He worked at Bareburger for 10 years before becoming the CMO at 25. He is now the CEO of LunchBox. He is revolutionizing third party delivery and how restaurants utilize marketing analytics.
Lunchbox.io – Next-Gen Enterprise Online Ordering
NabeelEats – Follow Nabeel on Instagram!
Nabeel’s Twitter – Follow Nabeel on Twitter!
3 Value Bombs
1) It is supposed to feel like hell, like a grind, or be exhausting. There will be days that you will be unsure; Friday nights that you wish you didn’t do this… It’s fine. Be optimistic. Going to bed is a huge problem-solver. Wake up and you’re fine again. It’s part of the process. Just keep going.
2) As a marketer, you get to throw everything on the wall and see what sticks.
3) Ghost kitchens also give restaurants the ability to explore new areas. They give new entrepreneurs and chefs who can’t open their own business the opportunity to own one.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How Third Party Delivery Apps are Draining the Lifeblood of Restaurants
[1:25] – Nabeel shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Quantity over quality. Quality is not important because it is subjective. Quantity is something you cannot ignore. The most important part of trial and error is trying to find the error.
[3:18] – Who is Nabeel Alamgir?
- He loves food and he loves that he started as a busboy when he was 17.
[3:50] – Becoming a CMO at 25 – how did Nabeel achieve this position in just 10 years?
- It was a painful journey filled with trial and error.
- As a marketer, you get to throw everything on the wall and see what sticks.
- It’s an amazing thing to try and build the habits and muscles that will make you believe that you can do better.
[6:45] – You see that restaurants are developing an unhealthy reliance on delivery and delivery apps – talk to us more about this.
- As a pessimist, you get to be right, but as an optimist, you get to be rich.
- Most people who open a restaurant have never opened a restaurant before.
- Every $100 you spend on the system, the restaurant only makes $5 out of it. That’s not sustainable.
- The pandemic is so terrible. The only good thing that came out of it is that it has made it clear for consumers and restaurants that you need to have your own systems. You need to know your own guests.
- The people who order from home and people who dine in are not always the same people. It’s a whole new community you should have access to.
[14:52] – Nabeel’s insights on “ghost kitchens.”
- Ghost kitchens tell you that you don’t have to have a lot of money to open a restaurant. They make restaurants and food accessible once again.
- They also let you sell with third party websites like Uber Eats.
- Ghost kitchens also give restaurants the ability to explore new areas. They give new entrepreneurs and chefs who can’t open a business the opportunity to open one.
[18:13] – Groupon and Living Social – did that work back in the day?
- Restaurant owners have never been happy about coupon systems.
- The problem with Groupon is, even when the food is half off, you still have to pay the half of everything you made back to Groupon. Every order was a loss.
- As restauranteurs, the solution is to know the good parts of using third party delivery apps.
[20:38] – Nabeel talks about his company, Lunchbox.
- For a couple hundred dollars per restaurant, per month, you’ll get a monthly SAAS-fee, no percentages. You get the technology that top tier systems have.
- They look at the data and the buying patterns of your customers.
[20:49] – Nabeel’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- Lunchbox.io – Next-Gen Enterprise Online Ordering
- NabeelEats – Follow Nabeel on Instagram!
- Nabeel’s Twitter – Follow Nabeel on Twitter!
- It is supposed to feel like hell, like a grind, or be exhausting. There will be days that you will be unsure; Friday nights that you wish you didn’t do this… It’s fine. Be optimistic. Going to bed is a huge problem-solver. Wake up and you’re fine again. It’s part of the process. Just keep going.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!