Niyi Sobo is a former NFL running back, former firefighter, and now a peak mindset consultant and founder of I’m Not You. He coaches pro athletes, peak performers and executives/CEOs on the mindset, habits and systems they need to dominate. He is also host of 2 podcasts, the Sports Motivation Podcast and the Get Ya Mind Right podcast.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- I’m Not You – Niyi’s website
- Connect with Niyi on Instagram
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Embrace that you’re different from other people – you’ll be one step closer to accepting yourself and what you can bring.
- Fear is fine, but use your mind to overcome your fears.
- The truth may hurt you, but it’s what will set you free.
- ViralSweep: Build and run your own sweepstakes and contests that you can put right on your website! To show you the power of ViralSweep, we’re running the Ignite Your Fire Sweepstakes! To read official rules and enter, visit EOFire.com/win! Open to US residents only.
- LegalZoom: Go ahead and focus on growing your business, and let LegalZoom handle the legal stuff. Visit LegalZoom.com now, and be sure to enter promo code EOF in the referral box at checkout for special savings!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:04] – The last time Niyi was on EOFire, he was still a firefighter
- [01:19] – Niyi retired as a firefighter last year to pursue his entrepreneurial path
- [01:34] – Niching down allows you to attract more customers than you would expect
- [01:53] – Niyi has 5 children
- [03:15] – His area of expertise is in helping people build supreme confidence and dominate under pressure
- [04:00] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Everything starts with knowledge
- [05:08] – Embrace that you’re different from others
- [06:14] – It’s okay to be scared but you have to use your rational mind to overcome that fear
- [06:50] – Quitting his job as a firefighter was one fear Niyi had to face
- [09:09] – Coaches need to be vulnerable, too
- [10:25] – What Niyi is most scared of today is that he will look back and say, “Man, I was such an idiot”
- [10:58] – This fear made Niyi obsessed with evaluating his results
- [12:30] – The Mastery of Destiny is a book that says man must live by rules
- [12:40] – Niyi calls his rules the G Code
- [15:38] – If you don’t have a system for doing great work, every single day will be no different
- [16:15] – Have a routine that’s designed to get you into a peak state of mind
- [17:12] – “All of man’s problems, all his troubles, are coming from not being able to sit still in a room” – Blaise Pascal
- [18:23] – Every level is a chokehold waiting for you
- [19:03] – Don’t think you’re better than you really are – it’s a trap!
- [19:58] – Comparing yourself to other people and feeling really good are two common chokeholds
- [21:08] – Not all people want to deal with the reality of not being good enough
- [22:07] – The truth hurts, but the truth will set you free
- [24:05] – Look at your circle and think about leveling up
- [24:36] – Connect with Niyi on Instagram and on his website
- [25:08] – Get Niyi’s FREE Video Course on how to be Fearless: ImNotYou.com/Fire
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!