Paula Blankenship is a life-long entrepreneur who hit it big in her 50’s with a company she started in her kitchen, Heirloom Traditions Paint.
Heirloom Traditions – Learn more about Heirloom Traditions and connect with Paula on social media!
3 Value Bombs
1) In today’s online world it is unnecessary to have retailers for your product.
2) As soon as you start the business make sure to learn how to be an ad guru.
3) Skip all the stuff in between; do not go the retail route and instead jump straight to success.
The Marketing Secrets Podcast: My buddy Russell Brunson – founder of ClickFunnels – is on a mission to help get entrepreneurs unstuck so they can get back to changing the world! Check out his podcast at MarketingSecrets.com!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Why Put Someone Between You and Your Customer to Share in the Profits While You Do All of the Work? with Paula Blankenship
[1:10]- Paula shares something interesting about herself that most people do not know.
- She has zero formal education and started her business at the age of 50
[2:06] – Are retailers necessary in today’s online world?
- No; it is unnecessary to have retailers for your product.
- You can give your customers the benefits of buying directly from you rather than just having the product sitting on a shelf in a retail store.
[7:03] – Paula shares how Heirloom Traditions Paint came to be, and how they used social media as their very own QVC network
- Started with great hopes of all the retailers around the country teaching and educating people how to use their products
- Used social media for tutorials and real-time interaction with their customers.
- Felt good to encourage people, build other people’s confidence, and produce products that help people beautify their home.
[9:58] – Paula gives a specific example of a social media post that helped the business in terms of engagement.
[13:13] – Is Amazon a necessary platform for an e-commerce company?
- Absolutely, Paula uses Amazon 99% of the time to purchase products.
- You have to sell something with enough margins
[17:14] – When should you take the risk and up your marketing ad budget?
- As soon as you start the business make sure to learn how to be an ad guru.
- It’s better to create your own video and make it simple.
- Learn Facebook Ads and set up your Facebook business page.
- Track your diminishing returns to scale up.
[23:29] – Paula talks about starting a successful business later in life
- Paula wanted to take a chance and do something different.
- You can do everything that you set your mind to.
[25:53] – What are the keys to success for being a direct to consumer e-commerce company in today’s market?
- Internet is the key to success.
- Get online.
- Be real.
[28:34] – Paula’s parting piece of guidance
- Skip all the stuff in between; do not go the retail route and jump straight to success.
[30:54] – Paula’s call to action for Fire Nation.
- Heirloom Traditions – Learn more about Heirloom Traditions and connect with Paula on social media!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!