Paul Faust is President at RingBoost and Founder of 1800Prepare.com. He is a sought-after speaker with recent engagements in the telecom and legal marketing industries. Paul appeared on the TV show The Office as “Cool Guy Paul”, a role he inspired himself.
Paul’s phone number – 914-200-0013.
3 Value Bombs
1) It’s not enough to answer the phone calls coming in – make sure that you’re truly building that relationship and giving your clients what they need.
2) It’s expensive to hire somebody and train them. But when they build a relationship with a client, that’s going to lead to future business, referrals, and other things that you just can’t scale.
3) Technology levels the playing field for everybody. But technology can never replace YOU.
Pitney Bowes: With SendPro Online from Pitney Bowes you can compare rates from multiple carriers, print stamps and shipping labels, and track shipments all in one place. Visit PB.com/fire and get a free 30-day trial plus a free 10 pound scale to get started!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Power of Voice to Grow your Business with Paul Faust
[01:24] – Paul shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He played himself in one of the episodes of ‘The Office’.
[02:40] – Why has there been less emphasis on phone calls over the past decade? Where are the changes coming from?
- A lot of people defaulted to different ways connect, like social media, chat, texting, and emails.
- Other technologies have been offered, which gave way to other ways of communicating.
[04:39] – Talk about the advantages and disadvantages of voice calls compared to web forms, emails, and online chat.
- There’s a cost to voice – there’s a cost to be available to clients.
- Based on studies, 74% of people who had a bad phone experience are likely to go with another business.
- Another disadvantage is, voice is hard to hide from.
- One of the advantages is that it’s one of the fastest ways to communicate.
- Another advantage is you can uncover real issues that might not be perceived in flat messages.
- There’s no better relationship tool out there than voice.
[10:32] – Labor can be a business owner’s greatest expense.
- Yes, it is expensive to hire somebody and train them. But when they build a relationship with a client, that’s going to lead to future business, referrals, and other things that you just can’t scale.
- When you connect with someone and build a relationship, the value goes way up.
- Labor may look like it costs more, but in the long run it’s exponentially better than anything else.
[14:23] – How do we drive more voice calls?
- Feature your number on your marketing materials.
- Encourage people to call you. Let your clients know that you are available.
- Don’t look at your phone number as a utility.
- If you want to encourage phone calls, think about the number you’re using. Is it memorable? Does it tie in your brand or your tagline? Does it say something about you?
[18:20] – What should we do after we pick up that phone?
- When you pick up the phone, always aim to build a relationship.
- Most people, if you just talk, will tell you everything you need to know to ultimately sell them or provide them the best level of service.
- It’s not enough to take the phone calls coming in; make sure that you are truly building that relationship and giving your clients what they need. This sometimes means not selling them, or slowing down and backing up a little bit.
[22:25] – What are some ways we can effectively monitor and measure our voice communications?
- You can simply ask people how they heard about you.
[26:26] – The most important thing you need to do once the call ends is – what?
- Follow up on what you said you’re going to do.
- Make sure to take your time in training your staff – empathize and ask probing questions, because you’ll uncover so many nuggets that neither you nor the client knew were there before.
[23:24] – Paul’s parting piece of guidance
- Technology levels the playing field for everybody. But technology can never replace YOU. Your voice matters. You are unique. The world will not be the same place without you.
- Paul’s phone number – 914-200-0013.
- Offer for Fire Nation – Get a discount on your next local number purchase at RingBoost.com/fire!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!