Paul Faust is President at RingBoost and Founder of 1800Prepare.com. He is a sought-after speaker with recent engagements in the telecom and legal marketing industries. Paul appeared on the TV show The Office as “Cool Guy Paul”, a role he inspired himself.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Offer for Fire Nation – Get a discount on your next local number purchase at RingBoost.com/fire!
Paul’s phone number – 914-200-0013.
3 Value Bombs
1) It’s not enough to answer the phone calls coming in – make sure that you’re truly building that relationship and giving your clients what they need.
2) It’s expensive to hire somebody and train them. But when they build a relationship with a client, that’s going to lead to future business, referrals, and other things that you just can’t scale.
3) Technology levels the playing field for everybody. But technology can never replace YOU.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach? Make this a summer to remember and schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark, a former SBA Entrepreneur of the Year, at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Power of Voice to Grow your Business with Paul Faust
[01:24] – Paul shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He played himself in one of the episodes of ‘The Office’.
[02:40] – Why has there been less emphasis on phone calls over the past decade? Where are the changes coming from?
- A lot of people defaulted to different ways connect, like social media, chat, texting, and emails.
- Other technologies have been offered, which gave way to other ways of communicating.
[04:39] – Talk about the advantages and disadvantages of voice calls compared to web forms, emails, and online chat.
- There’s a cost to voice – there’s a cost to be available to clients.
- Based on studies, 74% of people who had a bad phone experience are likely to go with another business.
- Another disadvantage is, voice is hard to hide from.
- One of the advantages is that it’s one of the fastest ways to communicate.
- Another advantage is you can uncover real issues that might not be perceived in flat messages.
- There’s no better relationship tool out there than voice.
[10:32] – Labor can be a business owner’s greatest expense.
- Yes, it is expensive to hire somebody and train them. But when they build a relationship with a client, that’s going to lead to future business, referrals, and other things that you just can’t scale.
- When you connect with someone and build a relationship, the value goes way up.
- Labor may look like it costs more, but in the long run it’s exponentially better than anything else.
[14:23] – How do we drive more voice calls?
- Feature your number on your marketing materials.
- Encourage people to call you. Let your clients know that you are available.
- Don’t look at your phone number as a utility.
- If you want to encourage phone calls, think about the number you’re using. Is it memorable? Does it tie in your brand or your tagline? Does it say something about you?
[18:15] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot and Thrivetime Show!
[18:20] – What should we do after we pick up that phone?
- When you pick up the phone, always aim to build a relationship.
- Most people, if you just talk, will tell you everything you need to know to ultimately sell them or provide them the best level of service.
- It’s not enough to take the phone calls coming in; make sure that you are truly building that relationship and giving your clients what they need. This sometimes means not selling them, or slowing down and backing up a little bit.
[22:25] – What are some ways we can effectively monitor and measure our voice communications?
- You can simply ask people how they heard about you.
[26:26] – The most important thing you need to do once the call ends is – what?
- Follow up on what you said you’re going to do.
- Make sure to take your time in training your staff – empathize and ask probing questions, because you’ll uncover so many nuggets that neither you nor the client knew were there before.
[23:24] – Paul’s parting piece of guidance
- Technology levels the playing field for everybody. But technology can never replace YOU. Your voice matters. You are unique. The world will not be the same place without you.
- Paul’s phone number – 914-200-0013.
- Offer for Fire Nation – Get a discount on your next local number purchase at RingBoost.com/fire!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!