Pete is the CEO of Advance Your Reach. He has helped Entrepreneurs leverage stages and speaking to grow their business. He is responsible for booking over 25,000 stages across the world. He believes speaking on stages is one of the greatest ways to grow you business and he is here to show you how to get stages on demand.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- ClickFunnels and Bomb Bomb – Pete’s small business resources
- The One Thing and Essentialism – Pete’s Top Business Books
- Advance Your Reach – Pete’s website
- How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Use stages and speaking to your advantage – and start leveraging your voice!
- Let go of the thing that is holding you back from achieving more.
- Provide value and give before taking anything.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- ZipRecruiter: Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by businesses of ALL sizes to find the most qualified job candidates at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – Pete lives in Colorado Springs
- [01:19] – He’s married to Kim and they have 3 children
- [02:56] – Pete is called the “Stage Whisperer”
- [03:17] – He grew up in an abusive home and went to live with his grandma
- [04:01] – He went back to his hometown as a youth pastor
- [04:10] – His first Wednesday as a youth pastor was his first entrepreneurial moment
- [04:30] – He brought in speakers for the kids
- [04:47] – Pete’s journey went from 3 kids to 7K kids
- [05:40] – “There are 5 people in your life that you need to go tell how much you love them and and how much they mean to you because you never know how long they’re going to be here with you“
- [06:03] – All he could think about was his dad
- [06:12] – He recruited his dad to come to an event expecting something to happen, but it didn’t
- [06:24] – “I gave up”
- [06:39] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “A lot of times that’s how we feel as entrepreneurs — it doesn’t happen in the timing, exactly like we want it”
- [06:43] – 3 weeks later, Pete received a piece of mail
- [07:18] – Pete called Daryl, the speaker, and asked why he wasn’t sharing his message with the world
- [08:27] – If you have a story, if you can land stages, and if you know how to scale your business past the stage, people will go deeper with you
- [09:24] – Every entrepreneur needs to leverage speaking
- [10:10] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: 2 years ago, Pete shared his story on Brendon Burchard’s stage and he saw how people in the audience wanted to get on stage but they didn’t know how to do it. Pete realized he wasn’t serving everybody that he was supposed to be serving
- [10:58] – Pete had to come back and talk to his organization and tell them how he wanted wanted to grow the business
- [11:29] – He wanted to hold onto the relationship but he needed to let go
- [12:49] – What’s the one thing that’s preventing you from moving forward – the thing you need to cut off?
- [13:19] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It is winning the biggest stages on planet earth”
- [13:50] – You have to win online stages, too
- [14:50] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I was a youth pastor. I was scared to death of just taking a step out there”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “There’s too many takers in this world; be rare and be the one who gives before they take”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “It’s my prayer life that’s really, really important… and Big 30 – we spend the last 30 minutes before bed connecting as a family”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – ClickFunnels and Bomb Bomb
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The One Thing and Essentialism – “but the book I read most is the Proverbs”
- [18:11] – Pete almost booked Michelle Obama
- [18:57] – Pete shares an ah-ha moment – some of the big names are not great speakers
- 20:32 – Pete is giving away 2 GIFTS to you, Fire Nation, so head over to AdvanceYourReach.com/fire!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!