Straight from the showroom at the Stratosphere Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, we have one of the two entertainers that rocked America’s Got Talent and most recently, Shark Tank. You’ve seen him on TV, now we get to chat with him live!
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Musical America – Raja’s small business resource
The Tipping Point – Raja’s Top Business Book
Jarrett & Raja – Jarrett & Raja on Facebook
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) Do your due diligence in knowing who you’re doing business with.
2) Set higher goals for yourself.
3) Perseverance is key.
LegalZoom: LegalZoom can help you finally build your dream business AND make sure your responsibility of taking care of your family’s future is squared away with an Estate Plan. Visit LegalZoom.com, and for special savings enter promo EOF in the referral box at checkout. LegalZoom, where life meets legal.
Pitney Bowes: The leader in mailing and shipping solutions. No matter what you send, or how often you send it, Pitney Bowes has a solution to fits your needs. Visit PB.com/fire to learn more and try it FREE! Terms apply, see site for details.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:09] – They’ve been doing shows for 20 years now
[02:23] – The did a lot of TV appearances in 2012
[03:25] – Raja’s area of expertise is in the general realm of entertainment
[04:46] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Business is a big word in show business — it’s a business of promoting yourself and what you do
[06:29] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Raja had a whole-summer engagement in Blackpool, England with Jarrett a few years ago. They met their producer in Edinburgh. When Raja and Jarrett got there, they found out the producer hadn’t promoted the show very well. There was no parade, they had a thin audiences and they were losing money. The producer didn’t allow Raja and Jarrett to end the show, so they came up with a plan to hire a truck and get their things to the airport. What they didn’t know was the owner of the company knew the producer
[09:54] – Life gives you surprises, but making it a positive experience is on you
[10:30] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Raja and Jarrett got booted out, but were given a chance to be on America’s Got Talent for the 2nd time because of the wild card. When they got back, they knew that was it. They needed to perform fresh new acts – so they came up with The Piano Vanish. They rehearsed it and they failed – their act was that night. They did the act again that night and it was a success!
[12:45] – “Shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you land amongst the stars”
[14:01] – Even if you’re afraid and get rejected, you have to find your strength within
[15:20] – Perseverance is what gets you to success
[15:32] – Raja shares a story about their experience on America’s Got Talent
[18:04] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear and ignorance”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You don’t need a manager, you need a good agent and a lawyer”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “The sense of discipline that I learned as a pianist”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Musical America
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Tipping Point – “this book really spoke to my industry 100%”
[23:16] – “The power of human interaction is second to none”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!