Fitness, food, fortitude… oh and four friends training for an Atlantic row in December 2018. Meet the NautiBuoys, based in Europe, but raising money for a global cause.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Peak Performance – Nicholas’ Top Business Book
- The Nauti Buoys – Nicholas’ website
- Connect with Nicholas on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
3 Key Points:
- Learn to consider the other people on your team and their needs.
- Be realistic with your ideas — test them to see if they’re profitable!
- Being an entrepreneur doesn’t mean you have to go through the journey alone.
- Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- Go To Webinar: My BEST marketing strategy? Hosting LIVE WEBINARS. And Go To Webinar has the reliability and the features you need to deliver webinars your audience will love. For more information, visit GoToWebinar.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:02 – The Nauti Buoys are 4 friends who love challenges
- 01:22 – They’re doing the Atlantic row to raise money for Pencils of Promise
- 02:17 – The Mastery Journal and The Freedom Journal has helped build 3 schools with Pencils of Promise
- [03:31] – Nicholas’ area of expertise is in leading people and making decisions
- [04:27] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: “You need to consider why the other person is there, what motivates them, what will incentivize them to work with you to accomplish the mission”
- [05:28] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It was late autumn of 2012, Nicholas had just left the Navy, didn’t have a job, but he thought he had a “brilliant” idea. He lived in a coastal village with 3 yacht mariners within 5 miles, so he thought he had a market. He spent time to set up his business and offered his services. He had some interest, but it was never enough to sustain his needs. After a tough 6 months, he closed the business and went out to look for a job
- [07:50] – “Be realistic”
- [08:52] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Nicholas was in the process of signing deals when he realized that as a single person, he doesn’t have enough time and the skill set required to get his company off the ground. He talked to his university friends and realized they all have the right skill set to help build the company. Teamwork made everything better
- [10:46] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s 100% the chance to row the Atlantic”
- 11:54 – To support for Nicholas’ cause go to The Nauti Buoys
- [13:22] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I think self-doubt”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Believe in yourself and surround yourself with great people”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Meditating”
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Peak Performance – “it’s a book about how to achieve peak performance”
- [19:11] – “Do something you believe in”
- 19:26 – Connect with Nicholas on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!