Rich is president of Flyte New Media, a web design and digital marketing company that is 19 years old! He’s also the Founder of Agents of Change, an annual conference, weekly podcast, and expert blog dedicated to helping you reach your ideal customer.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Agents of Change – Use the discount code fire for an exclusive $25 off the early bird ticket price
3 Key Points:
- We’ve come full circle: conferences are replacing social media as a way of generating connections, intimacy, trust and communication.
- If you’re planning a conference: start small! Hire a space, put together a workshop, and start building your audience.
- Focus on the 4 S’s – Speakers, Sponsors, Seats, and Software
- ZipRecruiter – Are you ready to find your perfect hire? Right now you can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
- ActiveCampaign: See why thousands are upgrading to a more intelligent marketing solution. Sign up for a free 14 trial now — no credit card needed!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:37] – Rich started presentations to connect with his community
- [02:19] – Focus on Search, Social, and Mobile marketing
- 04:56 – Rich was featured in Episode 19 of EOFire
- [05:50] – The power of events
- 07:14 – 5th annual Agents of Change conference coming up in Portland, Maine
- [07:35] – John is going to be one of the keynote speakers
- [08:17] – Virtual passes being offered all around the world
- 10:12 – $25 off the early bird pass for Fire Nation – just use the discount code fire
- [11:22] – Are conferences really necessary anymore?
- [12:03] – In-person connections are the connections that feel most dear and sincere
- [13:51] – Why should people consider putting on their own event?
- [14:04] – “Start small. Start with a workshop or something manageable”
- [14:47] – Organizing events gives you credibility, exposure, and connections
- [16:51] – What’s the number one thing that stops people from putting on an event?
- [17:05] – “A big fear is the fear that no one will show up… that’s why you have to warm up your leads”
- [17:54] – “Start small. There’s no right size for an event”
- [19:09] – Speakers, Sponsors, Seats, and Software
- [20:13] – Focus on the 4 S’s and you’ll have a successful event
- [20:58] – Find out what your sponsors want from the event: communicate and set expectations
- [26:00] – How do I price my event?
- [26:37] – Create tiered ticket prices: it generates several rounds of urgent buying
- [28:35] – What should communication with your attendees look like?
- [29:57] – A private group on Facebook generates leads constantly
- [30:16] – What are the key lessons that Rich has learned about putting on an event?
- [34:34] – “One of the things I’ve loved about my speakers is that they hang out. There’s an awesome community.”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!