Jenn is a visibility strategist for entrepreneurs who want to make an impact. As a single mom, she went from rock bottom to creating a multi 6-figure business. Known for her no-B.S. style, she helps entrepreneurs overhaul their biggest fears, empowering them to share their message with the world.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Jenn shares she incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:40] – Jenn’s an introvert who struggled with visibility when she started her business
- 02:20 – Jenn’s membership site is the main tool that she uses to generate revenue
- [03:40] – Offer the content that your members need and want – build the right stuff
- [04:36] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Not speaking up when someone created branding that was wrong for her
- [06:27] – Trust yourself
- [07:43] – Surround yourself with great people – but don’t lose track of your gut feeling
- [09:34] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Being asked why she was coaching people one-on-one
- [11:33] – Letting go of one-on-one coaching meant that Jenn gave up 80% of her income
- [12:06] – The time and energy she freed up went into creating her membership site
- [13:23] – “All we have is time” – if you’re confident in yourself then put your time into the best place
- [14:13] – Find your “zone of genius” – the thing that comes naturally to you
- [14:42] – What’s your biggest weakness? “Not stopping and reflecting on how far I’ve come.”
- [15:21] – What’s your biggest strength? “Focus and productivity.”
- [16:09] – What has Jenn most fired up today? “My membership site – the Little Black Business Book”
- [18:35] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I didn’t know any better”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Money is like bars of commitment”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Consistently upgrading the people I hang out with”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – 30/30 App
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Four Agreements
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “Split the money in half. Create a targeted Facebook ad with a free challenge. Catch a train to New York City and go to as many free networking events as I could”
- [20:12] – Parting piece of guidance: “Trust your gut!”
- 22:35 – Connect with Jenn on her website
3 Key Points:
- Always trust yourself; go with your gut.
- Take the time to reflect on how far you’ve come.
- Being an entrepreneur doesn’t always have to be a struggle. Find the things that put you in flow.
- 30/30 App – Jenn’s small business resource
- The Four Agreements– Jenn’s top business book
- Audible – Get a 30-day free trial of fantastic audiobooks
- Little Black Business Book – Jenn’s membership site
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- Toptal: Find the perfect developer or designer to help bring your next project to live with Toptal’s 2-week, no risk trial. Visit Toptal.com/fire or shoot me an email and I’ll personally introduce you to an executive at Toptal who can help you get set up!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!