Jenn Scalia is a visibility strategist for entrepreneurs who want to make an impact. As a single mom, she went from rock bottom to creating a multi 6-figure business. Known for her no-B.S. style, she helps entrepreneurs overhaul their biggest fears, empowering them to share their message with the world.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- 30/30 App – Jenn’s small business resource
- The Four Agreements– Jenn’s top business book
- Little Black Business Book – Jenn’s membership site
3 Key Points:
- Always trust yourself; go with your gut.
- Take the time to reflect on how far you’ve come.
- Being an entrepreneur doesn’t always have to be a struggle. Find the things that put you in flow.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- Toptal: Find the perfect developer or designer to help bring your next project to live with Toptal’s 2-week, no risk trial. Visit Toptal.com/fire or shoot me an email and I’ll personally introduce you to an executive at Toptal who can help you get set up!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:40] – Jenn’s an introvert who struggled with visibility when she started her business
- [02:20] – Jenn’s membership site is the main tool that she uses to generate revenue
- [03:40] – Offer the content that your members need and want – build the right stuff
- [04:36] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Not speaking up when someone created branding that was wrong for her
- [06:27] – Trust yourself
- [07:43] – Surround yourself with great people – but don’t lose track of your gut feeling
- [09:34] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Being asked why she was coaching people one-on-one
- [11:33] – Letting go of one-on-one coaching meant that Jenn gave up 80% of her income
- [12:06] – The time and energy she freed up went into creating her membership site
- [13:23] – “All we have is time” – if you’re confident in yourself then put your time into the best place
- [14:13] – Find your “zone of genius” – the thing that comes naturally to you
- [14:42] – What’s your biggest weakness? “Not stopping and reflecting on how far I’ve come.”
- [15:21] – What’s your biggest strength? “Focus and productivity.”
- [16:09] – What has Jenn most fired up today? “My membership site – the Little Black Business Book”
- [18:35] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I didn’t know any better”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Money is like bars of commitment”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Consistently upgrading the people I hang out with”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – 30/30 App
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Four Agreements
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “Split the money in half. Create a targeted Facebook ad with a free challenge. Catch a train to New York City and go to as many free networking events as I could”
- [20:12] – Parting piece of guidance: “Trust your gut!”
- [22:35] – Connect with Jenn on her website
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!