Rick Mulready is the host of the The Art of Online Business podcast and an industry leading expert in teaching online experts how to take their online business to the next level.
Rick’s Instagram – Follow Rick on Instagram.
Rick’s Website – Visit Rick’s website to learn more about his trainings!
Register for Rick’s free training: Generate Profitable Leads & Sales With Facebook and Instagram Ads!
Rick’s Podcast – The Art of Online Business Podcast
3 Value Bombs
1) Simplify the set up; allow the Facebook algorithm to get you the results you’re looking for.
2) Identify how well you understand your targeted customers when you are doing ads so you can leverage all the targeting capabilities on Facebook and on Instagram
3) It’s all about mindset and the willingness to test and be patient when running your ads
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Create Profitable Facebook and Instagram Ads that Get Results with Rick Mulready
[3:02]– Rick shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- Rick used to be the scouting coordinator for the Washington Capitals Hockey Team, and he had never heard of a podcast 7 years ago.
[8:06]– Rick talks about the reason for rising ad costs.
- There’s a lot of competition for the limited ad space on Facebook and Instagram. High-demand with limited supply will cause the cost to go up.
[11:12] – What can people do to really set themselves up for success when running ads?
- Strategies for how you set up your ad campaigns has changed – people are over-complicating the set up.
- Simplify; allow the Facebook algorithm to get you the results you’re looking for.
- Set up your targeted audiences and use fewer ad sets to test for larger audiences.
[16:49] – When it comes to FB ad marketing a lot of people focus on other Facebook pages. Is this a strategy that still works?
- It does, especially when you are just starting out. Facebook wants you to build warm audiences as quickly as possible
- Prioritize the warm audiences, then create look-alike audiences to get into cold audiences with interest targeting.
[19:45] – Rick talks about not truly understanding who your target customer is.
- Identify how well you understand your target customers when you are doing ads so you can leverage all the targeting capabilities on Facebook and on Instagram. Then get into sub-segmenting your target customers.
[27:48]- What’s the deal with video? How important it is to be using video on Facebook and Instagram?
- Video plays an important part in building engagement audiences.
- It helps build a connection between you and your audience.
[32:38] – Where does one start troubleshooting when ads are not working very well?
- Make use of the statistic that is most relevant to the objective that you are dealing with.
- g. Webinar Registration – 1st statistic to look at is the registration cost.
- Use your data and know your numbers to start making decisions around the types of things you could possibly start changing
- Let the data dictate the types of actions you are going to take to try to fix and improve things.
[36:24] – Rick gives one tip for someone just trying to get their ads to work.
- It’s all about mindset and the willingness to test and be patient when running your ads
[39:39] – Rick talks about his recent brand change
- He changed the name of his podcast from “The Art Paid Traffic” to “The Art of Online Business”
[47:41] – Rick’s parting piece of guidance
- Rick’s Instagram – Check and follow Rick on Instagram.
- Rick’s Website – Visit Rick’s website and know more about his webinar trainings.
- Register for Rick’s free training: Generate Profitable Leads & Sales With Facebook and Instagram Ads!
- Rick’s Podcast – The Art of Online Business Podcast.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!