Rima is an entrepreneur from LA. She currently lives in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica where she manages a yoga retreat center & vegan restaurant and surfs all day.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Mint – Rima’s small business resource
Busting Loose from the Business Scheme – Rima’s Top Business Book
Rima the Jungle Girl – Rima’s website
Connect with Rima on Instagram
FunnelOnFire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Have confidence in the message you’re delivering—if you don’t, it will never get across
2) Always be prepared.
3) If something is stopping or slowing you down from achieving that which you truly want, you need to abandon that something.
Breather: Don’t overpay for space you don’t need – book a Breather space, just for the time you need it! Try Breather today and you’ll receive $100 off your first booking when you go to Breather.com/fire!
ZipRecruiter: Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by businesses of ALL sizes to find the most qualified job candidates. Post jobs on ZipRecruiter for FREE today by visiting ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:05] – Rima is a marriage and family therapist, as well as a yoga teacher
[01:21] – Rima created all her opportunities from nothing
[02:00] – Rima’s 3 areas of expertise are: veganism, yoga, and travel
[02:37] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: You have to have confidence in what you’re saying and in the message you’re delivering
[05:10] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Rima is 30 years old now, but her worst moment came at 28 when she was establishing herself in Costa Rica. In the midst of a real estate hotel deal, she organized yoga retreats as well. She was so eager to please people that she didn’t know how to say “no,” and took on way too much.
- One difficult couple attending the event hit Rima with a barrage of nasty Facebook Messages
- Another guest complained about having a monkey in her bathroom
[10:48] – The bottom line? Don’t be underprepared…
[11:33] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: The Ah-Ha moment for Rima was realizing she didn’t have to listen to anybody. What drew her to Costa Rica was the opportunity to be different, and the one thing she knew she could do differently from all the other people doing business in Santa Teresa was marketing. After 2 years, she listed a hotel for sale on her website and sold it
- She got a 5% commission from the hotel sale
[15:50] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m most excited about reinvesting in myself – both monetarily and time-wise”
[18:35] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The belief that the universe is not abundant enough”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Your current job doesn’t allow you the time to do a, b, and c – so you should quit your job”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Self-care and balance”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Mint
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Busting Loose from the Business Scheme – “it’s a spiritual approach to business”
[21:05] – Do what feels right for you
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!