Rod is one of the top real estate investors in the country and has owned over 2000 homes and apartment buildings. He hosts the Lifetime Cash Flow through Real Estate Investing podcast and is the author of How to Create Lifetime Cash Flow through Multifamily Properties.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Slight Edge and Turning Pro – Rod’s Top Business Books
- How to Create Lifetime Cash Flow Through Multifamily Properties – Rod’s book
- Connect with Rod on his website and podcast
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- FunnelOnFire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t stop at planning your goals, visualization is the game-changer.
- Consider adding multifamily properties to your portfolio.
- Look at your real estate’s capacity to create cash flow–not just its value
- Allstate: Be more than just an agent. Be an Allstate Agency Owner and earn equity in the business you build! Visit AllstateAgent.com/eofire to learn more about owning an Allstate Agency. Subject to the terms of the agency agreements.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:04] – Rod came into the US at 6 years old
- [01:11] – His family didn’t have a lot but he got fantastic work ethic from his mom
- [01:38] – Rod’s areas of expertise are in buying multifamily properties and using the psychology of success and visualization
- [02:11] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Visualization is powerful – use it to get things you want in life
- [02:37] – A lot of people stop at goals
- [03:12] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Rod started in Denver buying houses. In 2006, he had 800 houses and his net worth went up $17M in a year. He thought he was a “god.” In 2008, he lost all those properties and a lot more because of the crisis
- [04:17] – Rod went down in 2008 because he focused on the value of his real estate properties instead of their ability to cash flow
- [06:20] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Rod was 18, he got his broker’s license. He had a belief that a successful realtor should have a 4-door car until he saw a Corvette. He put a picture of the Corvette on the visor of his Ford Granada. By his second year, he had the Corvette. He saw a Ferrari 308, put the photo on the visor of his Corvette, a couple of years later he had a Maserati (that looks like the Ferrari)
- [07:54] – Visualization works for Rod
- [08:26] – Get pictures of your goals and put them in front of you
- [09:23] – If you’re thinking about real estate, do multifamily properties
- [10:22] – Maintenance, showing and marketing will cost less with multifamily properties
- [10:52] – They’re also easier to manage, easier to scale and easier to buy
- [11:22] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I started taking free calls from my podcast listeners and I’ve talked to almost a thousand of them!”
- [12:16] – Rod is absolutely loving adding value to people through his courses and podcast
- [15:55] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing has held me back”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I coach my students to plan their week once a week, and to also have a thinking time and a thinking list”
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Slight Edge and Turning Pro
- 19:16 – Get Rod’s book, How to Create Lifetime Cash Flow Through Multifamily Properties for FREE by texting ROD to 41411
- 19:46 – Connect with Rod on his website and podcast
- [20:27] – “Just do it!”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!