Rod is CEO of Xero, an online accounting solution serving over 300,000 small businesses in over 150 countries. He is from New Zealand, and was named 2013 EY Entrepreneur of the Year.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- ‘It’s not the big that eat small, it’s the fast that eat the slow.’ – Unknown click to tweet!
- Rod started a company, got clients, and was rolling right along. Then – BOOM! It hit him like a brick wall. ‘I can’t scale this.’ Listen to what action Rod took after having this realization, and how powerful a decision it proved to be.
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Rod’s AH-HA moment has turned into a business with a run rate of over $100,000,000! You won’t want to miss this lightbulb, Fire Nation! :-)
- Xero is a winner for one reason, and Rod shares this reason along with his proudest Entrepreneurial moment.
Small Business Resource
- Feedly: Organize, read and share what matters to you.
Best Business Book
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Xero: The QuickBooks alternative. Use Xero accounting software to manage invoicing, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping & more. Start a free trial today!
- Rod’s Twitter
- NatureBox: Want to become a smarter snacker? NatureBox is always filled with wholesome ingredients and their products are Nutritionist-approved, and sent right to your door. Visit Naturebox.com/Fire to receive 50% off your first box!
- ZipRecruiter: With ZipRecruiter you can post to fifty plus job sites, including social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, all with a single click. Post a job free at ZipRecruiter.com/Fire.
- SquareSpace: Enter code FIRE for a free trial and 10% off. SquareSpace: Everything you need to create an exceptional website!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!