Ron is the CEO & Founder of Two Maids & A Mop, a nationwide franchise organization that is using customer feedback to totally disrupt the residential cleaning industry.
TwoMaidsFranchise – Learn more about the business model used and check out the franchise opportunity!
Ron’s LinkedIn – Connect with Ron!
3 Value Bombs
1) It might be impossible to be the first in the market these days, but it is still very possible to disrupt the market and change that industry
2) It’s important to think big if you really want to go big, and you cannot do something if you do not see it first inside your head.
3) Get rid of the fragmentation in your business and it will allow you to start scaling as fast as you want.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How anyone can grow a small business into a national brand with Ron Holt
[1:05] – Ron shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- During his ramp up phase in his business he ate fish sticks and rice almost every single day for 6 and half years to save money.
[3:37] – Why is it important to think small?
- Find an industry that ideally no one wants to be in. Look within that industry and find a wide space inside of it
- Find something that has demand that is inside of a popular industry and then go do something different that no one else is doing.
- Ron believes that it is impossible to be the first in the market these days, but it is still very possible to disrupt the market and change that industry.
[7:42] – Ron talks about thinking big.
- It’s important to think big if you really want to go big, and you cannot do something if you do not see it first inside your head.
[9:26] – What do you mean by Think Purple?
- Ron talks about The Purple Cow by Seth Godin.
- After he read the book it led him to think about what he was going to do to create his own version of a Purple Cow.
- Two Maids & A Mop’s Purple Cow is their pay-per-performance plan.
[13:46] – Why it is important to think lean?
- You have to consider your bottom line beyond just what’s happening on the top line.
[17:56] – Why you should think systems?
- Ron talks about The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber.
- Get rid of the fragmentation and it will allow you to start scaling as fast as you want.
- Think about nothing but what you can do to create a uniform business model that works every single place you will have your business.
[23:28] – Ron talks about thinking positive.
- You have to be positive.
- The only way to be positive is if you believe in your passion.
[26:43] – Ron talks about the importance of thinking about you.
- When building a business one of the greatest things you will get to enjoy is the fact that it is the only opportunity in your life where you get to be 100% selfish.
- Your business is all about you, and if it is not feeling right, then there is a problem.
[30:24] – What are the opportunities Fire Nation has with franchising within Two Maids & A Mop?
- Two Maids & A Mop provides training and support to manage the business, financial accounting, how to market, how to provide the best type of customer experience, how to hire your employees, and what to do to motivate them!
[33:55] – Ron invites Fire Nation to check out their website and to connect with him on LinkedIn!
- TwoMaidsFranchise – Learn more about the business model used and check out the franchise opportunity!
- Ron’s LinkedIn – Connect with Ron!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!