Jillian Michaels is the world’s leading health and fitness expert, renowned nutritionist and wellness entrepreneur. She is a bestselling author; creator of the award-winning My Fitness by Jillian Michaels app; host of the top podcast, The Jillian Michaels Show; and co-founder of Empowered Media.
The Jillian Michaels Show – Jillian’s podcast
JillianMichaels.com – Jillian’s website
My Fitness App – Download Jillian’s App!
Making the Cut – Jillian’s book
3 Value Bombs
1) Don’t try to do things by yourself. Choose people that are expert in their field.
2) Be proactive in every area of your business.
3) You need to work in an environment that feels right for you.
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Turn Your Passion Into a True, Sustainable Business with Jillian Michaels
[01:01] – Jillian shares something about herself that most people don’t know.
- She can throw axes and she’s surprisingly good at it!
[02:07] – We’ve all heard about the importance of being passionate about what you do, but how realistic is it to actually turn your passion into a sustainable business/career?
- Jillian believes the more security you seek, the less you have.
- If you do what you love, it’s very straight forward.
[04:41] – Share a couple of mistakes you made while building Empowered Media?
- Jillian wrote a book about Making the Cut and decided to create her own line of supplements. She ended up having a deal with a company that didn’t have interest and she lost control of her product.
- The goal is to learn from your mistakes and re-approach the next challenge more intelligently.
[06:53] – What would you have done differently if you could do it again?
- Business is modern day warfare.
[10:28] – What do you believe people in power do?
- The reality is, if you play out every business scenario and there is a scenario where you will not be able to survive, do not take the risk.
[12:34] – How important is building the right team?
- Find the person that will help you grow your business.
- Don’t try to do things by yourself. Choose people that are expert in their field.
[16:56] – What was one of the most unexpected challenges you’ve faced running your business?
- Extremely poor legal advice. One wrong lawsuit will destroy you.
- Be proactive in every area of your business.
- Jillian shares a story where she lost millions because there were details on her contract that were not disclosed to her.
[20:38] – Does listening to your gut really matter?
- Yes, it’s a woman thing.
- You need to work in an environment that feels right for you.
[23:23] – How did you know that evolving was a necessary step?
- Evolving is human nature. Business is exactly the same.
- If you’re not looking into the future, then you will be left behind.
[26:41] – Jillian’s parting piece of guidance
- You are here for a reason, and that is to contribute your passion and authenticity.
- You are going to have massive failures. Pick yourself up and learn from your mistakes.
- No matter what, you have to stay true to your heart.
[30:02] – Jillian’s final call to action.
- Check out The Jillian Michaels Show, Jillian’s podcast!
- JillianMichaels.com – Jillian’s website
- My Fitness App – Download Jillian’s App!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!