Ronsley is a speaker, author and marketer. He is the author of the book AMPLIFY – How to raise your voice, boost your brand and grow your business. He is also the creator of the first podcasting conference in the southern hemisphere – We Are Podcast.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Audible – Ronsley’s small internet resource
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday – Ronsley’s Top Business Book
- Must Amplify – Ronsley’s website
- Amplify – Ronsley’s book
- How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time!
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days! – Use promo code podcast for a special discount!
3 Key Points:
- Consider your failures as an opportunity to learn — as long you as you learn, you gain.
- Understand what the customers want so that your energy is spent on something that will sell.
- The finish line isn’t what counts, it’s who you become as a result of attempting that goal.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- LegalZoom: Don’t waste your valuable time trying to wrap your head around all of the fine print – just use LegalZoom so you can focus on growing your business instead! Visit LegalZoom.com today, and be sure to enter code EOF in the referral box for special savings!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:16] – Ronsley thanks JLD for the inspiration and says it has been his dream to be a guest on the show
- [01:31] – Ronsley created the podcasting conference We Are Podcast in 2015; he now has the first audio marketing agency in the world and also has a book
- [02:14] – JLD says Ronsley has taken the torch for the entire continent of Australia and probably the whole southern hemisphere to show podcasting is real
- [03:03] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Ronsley’s biggest gift is his ability to think differently than others. He likes talking to people and based on the conversations he has, he is able to create marketing collateral. He also says he is different today than who he was a week ago and he always keeps on learning
- [04:31] – Ronsley says he has always looked for ways to connect things
- [05:38] – Ronsley has had so many different designations in his life
- [06:01] – JLD says the mixture of the person you are right now came from all the things you did in the past, and you are awesome because of that
- [06:41] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It was May 26, 2013 when Ronsley got a message from one of his team members that the restaurant he owned got a notice and the locks had been changed. He was already at the normalcy stage so he did not expect that to happen. Ronsley had to decide if he would file a case or just build on that experience
- [08:16] – JLD interviewed a billionaire that told him he spent $10 million on a young entrepreneur and that it failed and he lost his money. JLD commented that the investor would probably not invest in that guy again, but felt the money was well spent on that guy’s education
- [09:06] – Devastating setbacks are lessons learned and they will be valuable in the future
- [09:26] – Ronsley said we create the success and failure metrics in our head and the most important thing is that we LEARN
- [10:20] – We Are Podcast is a very small intimate conference and JLD will be the keynote speaker, Kate will also be there!
- 11:27 – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Ronsley started the Bond Appetit podcast; it was featured on iTunes and his listenership grew. His friends kept on asking him to help them start their own podcasts
- [12:07] – Ronsley created a seven step method to broadcast your message, which he shared on social media and through email. He told his followers that he had a beta program that had 6 spots and two one-on-one spots
- [12:24] – Ten days after that, he had $29k in his account
- [2:49] – Ronsley said you should sell the idea first and then amplify the agency
- [13:13] – Instead of spending time around branding and ideas and names and websites, Ronsley was able to find out what the market actually wanted
- [13:28] – JLD says people vote with their wallets
- [14:33] – JLD says to spend your time on a proven concept even though you are creating many different things
- [15:13] – Ronsley says the biggest thing that entrepreneurs should be doing is working to understand what their audience wants
- [15:54] – JLD says to prove the concept first so you won’t have to spend your time, energy and effort on a product that does not sell
- [16:27] – What are you most FIRED up about right now? – “The amazing people I am connected with”
- [16:42] – Ronsley is also excited about We Are Podcast, especially since JLD will be coming with Kate, Jordan Harbinger, and Omar and Nicole from $100 MBA!
- [17:22] – Ronsley is also excited about becoming an agency instead of just being a podcast creator
- [17:48] – They are the first agency outside America that can upload to Audible
- [18:35] – JLD asks Ronsley if there are escape rooms near the venue because he wants to try it as Jordan Harbinger has told him about it
- [19:02] – JLD invites everyone to go to Australia and be part of the event
- [19:36] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The idea that I am not creative.”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Success and failure isn’t important. The goal or the illusion of the finish line isn’t what counts. What does count is the person you become as a result of attempting that goal.”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Waking up every morning at [4:30] AM and being picky about who I hang out with”
- Can you share an internet resource, like Evernote with Fire Nation – Audible
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- [21:41] – “I believe that the definition of an entrepreneur is one that jumps off a cliff and builds a plane on the way down”
- 22:21 – Ronsley created a Fire Nation special called Content Amplifier, a program that spits out 75 blog posts that you should write for your business along with five videos from leading experts. Go to Mustamplify.com/fire to get this offer! The first 25 to sign up will also get a copy of Ronsley’s book :)
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!