Ryan Kekos is currently the CEO at GearHost, a scalable and reliable high-end cloud hosting company that specializes in Microsoft technologies and has a strong focus on customer service. Beginnings don’t get much humbler than starting a company in your Mom’s basement, and that’s just what Ryan did. GearHost has kept their basement-casual attitude and mixed it with corporate-level business practices, because that’s just who they are.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” – Mark Twain
- At 17, Ryan launched his first company, a web hosting company. That flopped, and he shares the raw details.
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- There is plenty of room for people with passion and a purpose. Ryan had both and knew that he could parley that into success… enter GearHost!
- GearHost has 12 employees and over 80,000 customers, including Google. Ryan shares how he grew GearHost to its current success in 13 quick years!
Small Business Resource
- Kee Pass: An open source password manager. … can be stored in highly-encrypted databases, which can be unlocked with one master password or key file.
Best Business Book
- Rework by Jason Fried
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!