After 20 years in the corporate world, just over a year ago in perhaps the most unlikely time, Samantha Woolf and Hilla Narov took the leap and founded their own marketing & entertainment agency. Not only do they make authentic connections between brands and talent, but they have a unique instinct for what’s next and what’s newsworthy that allows them to put their clients at the center of pop culture moments.
Official Partner Agency’s Website – We work with best-in-class brands to create maximum impact campaigns and partnerships that drive growth.
3 Value Bombs
1) Nice guys do get ahead in the end.
2) Part of every success is learning along the way.
3) You have to understand who your consumers are and ensure that you put the right face out there that will resonate.
Stripe: Whether you’re an online or in-person retailer, software platform, marketplace, or subscriptions business, Stripe makes processing payments simple and borderless. Visit Stripe.com to learn more!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Start Your Own Business During a Global Pandemic
[1:32] – Samantha and Hilla share something that they believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Sam: Nice people finish last. Nice guys do get ahead in the end.
- Hilla: We built our business with 20 years of relationships – that’s our secret to our success.
[2:40] – Hilla, first off, what is Official Partner Agency and why did you start it?
- Official Partner is an entertainment marketing agency. We work with companies to connect them to pop culture, entertainment, and fashion industries.
- I started it because I saw a need – the business I was in was transactional. There’s was no strategy for marketing, PR, etc. I realized that this is something I can do.
[4:11] – Samantha, what were some challenges you faced during the pandemic?
- A lot of people/businesses were paralyzed early on in the pandemic, and we needed to help them think in a different way.
- We explained new opportunities to our clients.
- We need to be creative when it comes to thinking of new ways to do our job.
[6:54] – What you would have done differently knowing what you know now?
- We probably would have created a rule book early on.
- Part of the success is learning along the way.
[7:55] – Hilla, let’s talk about priorities in starting a business… What did you prioritize when first starting your company?
- We chose clients who had our shared values.
- Being able to say ‘no’ to certain things allowed us to be able to focus on the projects that we really wanted to work on.
[8:55] – Samantha, what is something that you prioritized that, looking back, you realize now it shouldn’t have been a priority at that time?
- We prioritized how to earn money during the start of the pandemic.
- We didn’t have the luxury of being able to build relationships and network during the pandemic. We just had to go and start.
[14:00] – Samantha, share the best strategies you know of for choosing the right talent for your brand
- It always starts with looking at the big picture – where do you want your business to go and what are you trying to achieve?
- The most important thing is to ensure you have the means, for both team and staff, budget, resources, media… to support the face you are putting there.
- You have to understand who your consumers are and ensure that you’re putting the right face out there that will resonate.
- The best you can do is get the talent excited for your product so they really like it and it feels authentic.
[16:47] – Hilla, Samantha, what have been your greatest lessons from your first year as founders?
- Hilla: As a founder you are accountable for everything. I have to make sure that I am delivering.
- Sam: We always want to over-deliver for clients. But there is also a time and place to say ‘no’. There’s a power in saying ‘no’.
[20:05] – Samantha and Hilla share their key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- Sam: Don’t let fear stop you from going after your dreams.
- Hilla: Stay focused. Do what you know how to do and everything else will fall into place.
- Official Partner Agency’s Instagram
- Official Partner Agency’s Website – We work with best-in-class brands to create maximum impact campaigns and partnerships that drive growth.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!