Scot is the Founder and CEO of The Ohio Neck & Back Pain Relief Centers, and Gray Marketing Enterprises. He is an author, speaker, and has been featured on NBC, ABC, and Lifetime Television.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Trello – Scot’s small business resource
- How To Be Like Walt – Scot’s top business book
- E-Myth Revisited – Build your strengths and outsource your weaknesses
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters – Scot’s top non-business book
- Scot’s website – Scot’s offering free membership in his Facebook coaching course!
3 Key Points:
- Time is your most precious resource. Use it wisely; do what fires you up; take action fast.
- Know what the cost of a ‘yes’ is.
- Life is relationships. Build your networks and relationships, and think about what you can do for other people.
- ZipRecruiter – Are you ready to find your perfect hire? Right now you can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
- Allstate: As a veteran, I know how hard it is looking for a career after the military. But what if I told you there was a way to put everything you’d learned from the military to good use in a career where you get to help others? That’s what owning an Allstate agency is all about.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:36] – Scot was training to become a doctor
- [01:55] – He was hit by a car and started seeing a chiropractor – then studying chiropracty
- [03:21] – Studied marketing after he started his practice – and realized he loved it
- [04:40] – Scot generates revenue from the practice he owns, and by teaching digital marketing
- [05:28] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Seeing his car being repossessed and having his employees leave
- [07:29] – “Life is about the journey… focus on where you are now”
- [07:50] – Scot started focusing on what he could do for other people
- [08:40] – “Success and happiness are the gradual realization of a worthy ideal”
- [09:40] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Talking to a man who almost died in a plane crash
- [11:52] – “To act like you have time on your hands is reckless and irresponsible”
- [14:04] – Biggest weakness? – “Saying ‘yes’ too easily”
- [15:28] – Biggest strength? – “Execution and implementation”
- [17:11] – What has Scot most fired up today? “Growing other people’s businesses”
- [20:06] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I was fearful of what my community members, patients and staff would say”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Life is relationships”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Taking action fast”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Trello
- If you could recommend just one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – How To Be Like Walt
- [23:50] – Parting guidance: “Get a good idea, and stay with it. Dog it, and work it until it’s done and done right.”
- 24:07 – Go to Scot’s website to receive free membership in his Facebook course
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!
Subscribe to EOFire!