Daniel Ally became a millionaire at age 24. He currently writes for SUCCESS, Entrepreneur, and Business Insider magazines, reaching millions of people per month. As a 3X author and big time speaker, he has reached people all over the world, showing them how they can live more prosperously every day of their lives.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Linkedin – Daniel’s small business resource
- The Bible – Daniel’s top business book
- www.danielally.com – Daniel’s website
3 Key Points:
- When you believe in yourself, everyone else in the world will believe in you.
- Happiness comes from the progressive realization of a worthy ideal. Strive for progress, not for achievement.
- Above all, serve others. Ask yourself every day how you can bring the most value, to the most people, in the shortest amount of time.
- ActiveCampaign: See why thousands are upgrading to a more intelligent marketing solution. Sign up for a free 14 trial now — no credit card needed!
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:15] – Daniel grew up with very little money
- [02:22] – He dropped out of his MBA to start a business
- [02:47] – Wrote his first book in 10 days; gave 500 speeches in his first 2 years of business
- [03:18] – Daniel made money as a branding consultant
- [05:01] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Missed the flight to get to his first 5-figure speech
- [05:49] – Pushed to become more professional
- [06:30] – What’s something that you did really wrong?
- [06:52] – Daniel messed up a speech to a church – totally missed his audience
- [07:22] – “I went back, cried a little bit, and decided to learn from it”
- [07:44] – Don’t be scared of mistakes – learn from your failures and keep going
- [08:34] – Giving a speech to 500 people in Kentucky and feeling them love it
- [09:48] – When people say “You changed my life”, the right response is: “No, you did”
- [10:44] – Ask this question every day: “How can I deliver more value, to more people, in the shortest space of time?”
- [11:20] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Finding a purpose bigger than himself
- [11:45] – “When you allow your purpose to become bigger than you, you can do anything”
- [12:51] – “Follow your purpose. You have choices.”
- [14:00] – Biggest weakness? – “I can’t take a break”
- [14:20] – “Only dead fish go with the flow”
- [15:23] – Biggest strength? – “Writing and speaking”
- [16:37] – What has Daniel most fired up today?: “The number of people I’m connecting with and transforming”
- [19:18] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of success… allowing myself to be small”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Get out of your zip code”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I read the bible every day; write in my journal every day; and read the dictionary every day.”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Linkedin
- If you could recommend just one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Bible
- [23:14] – Connect with Daniel through his website
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!
Subscribe to EOFire!