Sherry is a highly sought-after speaker and health practitioner, servicing clients on and offline. Her Facebook is constantly streaming LIVE workouts, commentary and interviews! She proudly shouts out that Your Life is Non-Negotiable and she works hard every day to show her clients how to have this lifestyle.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- MindBody Online – Sherry’s small business resource
- The One Thing – Sherry’s Top Business Book
- Sherry’s website
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15-day course on how to Create, Grow and Monetize YOUR Podcast!
3 Key Points:
- You don’t need a partner to move forward in a business venture.
- Stop waiting for things happen and take initiative for yourself.
- Know your numbers.
- StayRoasted: Get 100% specialty-grade coffee beans hand-selected to your tastes and delivered fresh. Visit StayRoasted.com/fire to get your first bag of coffee for FREE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:13] – Sherry’s been an entrepreneur since she was 20
- [01:28] – She helped manage a car rental business
- [01:35] – She founded her women’s networking community which lead to her having a radio talk show
- [01:58] – Sherry has been thriving in the fitness industry for 10 years
- [02:52] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “Like any business, the fitness industry is not easy to get started in. I asked gyms for their members’ list and called each person to offer a free hour of training.”
- [05:45] – At the beginning, do things that don’t scale
- [06:38] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: “Early 2000’s, I started dating a person I met on the Internet. On his travels, he discovered reverse auctions online. We decided to bring it to North America and did all the legal paperwork and set-up. I was too excited to read the red flags. He just vanished for weeks. I started putting up money to pay the bills and I was $60,000 in debt.”
- [11:03] – Vet before bringing in partners and have a planned cash flow
- [11:53] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: “I found I spent so much time waiting for things to happen. I went on to open up my own studio and stopped waiting. The moment I stopped waiting, I ended up making the best income of my life.”
- 13:38 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? The online course space – check it out on Sherry’s website
- [14:30] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Know your numbers”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “My morning routine”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – MindBody Online
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The One Thing – “it helped me to get focused”
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would spend the first day establishing my unique message and then I would go out and spread my message to the world!”
- [17:07] – Trust in yourself and believe you can do it on your own
- 17:20 – Connect with Sherry on her website
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!