Sterling Bolt is the founder of the Wealthy Coach Academy, which is an online school helping online fitness coaches create six figure businesses in 90 days or less.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
The Goal Digger Podcast – Sterling’s small business resource
The Success Principles – Sterling’s Top Business Book
Get Sterling’s FREE Cheat Sheet – 6 Steps to 6 Figures at Wealthy.Coach/Fire
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) Learn from the experiences of others — you don’t have to make the same mistakes.
2) Never forget about your mission.
3) Invest in yourself.
I Love Franchising: If you’re tired of Corporate America and want to step into owning your own business, then the time to make a move is NOW. …And why not make that move into franchising? Erik of I Love Franchising has personally helped over 1,000 people transition out of Corporate American and into Franchise Ownership, and you can take your first step towards doing the same today. Visit ILoveFranchising.com/fire to download Erik’s free eBook, The Franchising Playbook, today!
FreshBooks: FreshBooks helps you score daily wins in your battle against paperwork! To receive your free 30-day trial – no credit card required – visit FreshBooks.com/fire and enter Entrepreneurs On Fire in the “How Did You Hear About Us” Section!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:57] – Sterling helps coaches grow their businesses
[01:11] – He loves eating tacos and going on trips
[01:45] – His area of expertise is in modeling what works for others and using it for himself
[02:45] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Entrepreneurs believe that they need to do it all themselves, and that the best way to learn is through experience. But in reality, entrepreneurs must learn from the experiences of others
[03:55] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In early 2016, Sterling was in Europe eating a 5-star meal in an Italian cafe. He was scrolling through his bank account app on his phone — smiling — because he had money. After that great rush, he suddenly felt unfulfilled and depressed, and he couldn’t figure out why. He went back to the US, cut his vacation short, and started working again. One day, a friend in the business told him that he seemed more unhappy then than he was before. He told Sterling that he was so focused on making money that he had forgotten about the people he was serving
[07:18] – From that moment of realization on, Sterling made a commitment that he would never do it for the money alone, but for the purpose of helping others change their lives
[08:33] – “Focus on the mission first”
[09:20] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: After 3 months of being homeless, Sterling made $4,000 – just enough to get by in Los Angeles. He was able to scrape enough funds from that amount to hire a mentor. During the first month of working with his mentor, he earned enough to move into a new home, eat regularly, and started putting together a strategy to get new clients. However, he didn’t have enough money to make his second payment to his coach. He ended up selling his car in order to do so, as he realized his coach was the key to his true freedom
[11:58] – The next month he made $12,000
[12:11] – Invest in your ability to create income
[13:02] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s the growth of our industry – the growth of the personal empowerment industry”
[17:32] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Belief that other people are already doing this work, there’s not enough room for me”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Don’t worry, you’ll grow into it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Gratitude”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – The Goal Digger Podcast
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Success Principles – “it taught me how to think and who to become”
[20:41] – “Don’t try and learn it all on your own”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!