Chandler Bolt is the host of the Self Publishing School podcast and the author of 6 bestselling books, including his most recent book titled Published. He’s also the founder & CEO of Self-Publishing School, the #1 online resource for writing your first book. Through his books, podcast, training videos, and Self-Publishing School, he has helped thousands of people on their journey to writing their first book.
Click here to join us on our LIVE Workshop: Go From Blank Page to Published Author in 90 Days
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Self-Publishing School – Chandler’s website
- Self Publishing School Podcast – Chandler’s podcast
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Writing a book doesn’t have to be a tedious task anymore — all you need is a voice, a message, and an idea to get started.
- Books don’t only drive a ton of high-quality leads, they also increase a person’s credibility and conversions.
- The real value of a book doesn’t come from the revenue it generates, it’s the leads that it drives to you.
- Gusto: Gusto makes payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses! And right now Gusto is offering Fire Nation an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today and you’ll get 3 months FREE once you run your first payroll! Visit Gusto.com/fire to sign up today!
- 8fit: Turns working out and eating healthy into the easiest thing on your to- do list! Start building habits for a healthy lifestyle today! Visit www.8fit.com/fire to claim a special JLD listener discount on an 8fit Pro membership!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:58] – Chandler came from a small town in South Carolina and currently resides in San Francisco
- [01:04] – He’s a college dropout and a C-level English student, but despite all that, he ended up writing 6 books
- [01:13] – Self-Publishing School helps students write and publish their first book
- [01:41] – A voice, a message, and an idea are all you need to start a book
- 02:04 – Chandler was on episode 888 and 1755 of Entrepreneurs On Fire
- [03:12] – Books drive a ton of leads
- [03:53] – Books also increase credibility and conversions
- [05:22] – Amazon is where the buyers are
- 06:22 – JLD and Chandler are hosting an incredible workshop about writing your first book on Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:00 PM EST. Join (or grab the replay) at EOFire.com/Book
- [07:13] – Going from a blank page to a published author in 90 days is possible by breaking down the steps
- [09:45] – “Commit 30 minutes a day and you’ll be done in 90 days”
- [13:06] – JLD shares a story about 2 emails he got yesterday from people who are reading his book
- [14:09] – “What do you want to rank for?”
- [14:30] – Writing a book is creating an asset for yourself
- [15:49] – Your book is a silent salesman
- [17:34] – Chandler talks about one of his clients who has a photography business, and whose books brought in over $10,000 in royalties, with $45,655 directly attributed income from the book – and he gets 30-40 leads per week!
- [18:56] – One practical tip is to give a FREE audio book at the beginning of your book
- [20:48] – It’s the leads you convert that will drive revenue for you
- [21:50] – A book drives HIGH-QUALITY leads
- 22:57 – JLD and Chandler are hosting an incredible workshop about writing your first book this Thursday, January 18, 2018, 12:00 PM EST. Join (or grab the replay) at EOFire.com/Book
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!