Stoyan Kenderov is a global products and technology leader with 30+ years of experience currently serving as the Chief Product and Technology Officer for Plastiq, a leading intelligent payments platform.
Stoyan’s Email – Reach out to Stoyan via email!
Stoyan’s Twitter – Follow Stoyan on Twitter :)
3 Value Bombs
1) Small business owners must find a tool to help them quickly reduce spending time with the financial flow process of the business.
2) You need to make sure that you can pay your vendors and get paid back, and the faster you can do that, the faster you can grow your business.
3) Go travel a lot. Experience different cultures and make friends.
SuperBeets Heart Chews: Feeling fatigued or having a lack of endurance can be a real drag, but with SuperBeets Heart Chews you have a NEW way to start your day! Get a FREE 30-day supply with your first purchase at SuperBeets.com/fire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Top 2021 Trends for Faster SMB Growth
[1:10] – Stoyan shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- As a young professional you have to focus your career on the one thing that you are best at.
- It’s great to focus on becoming an expert at something, but most opportunities these days are in the intersections of disciplines.
[2:44] – Let’s start with Stoyan’s story…
- Stoyan was born in Bulgaria. He got his first opportunity at the age of 14. Twenty years later, he was learning everything he could about micro processors and programming languages.
- He graduated in Germany and started his first company there.
- He moved to Holland and the Netherlands to help with start up companies.
- He came to the US in 2002 and got the chance to work with great entrepreneurs and co-founded start up companies.
[4:22] – What are your biggest goals for Plastiq?
- Their biggest goal is to help small and medium sized businesses dramatically improve their cash flow and automate their back end.
[6:07] – We love to get ahead of the trends here at Entrepreneurs On Fire… share the top trends you’re seeing for faster SMB (Small Medium Business) growth?
- Number 1 Trend, An accelerated transition to digital for small businesses globally.
- Number 2 Trend, Creative financing options.
- Number 3 Trend, e-Commerce expansion by low tech businesses.
- Number 4 Trend, The rebirth of the QR code.
- Small business owners must find a tool to help them quickly reduce spending time with the financial flow process of the business.
[13:32] – A lot of people put payments on the back burner, which seems counter-intuitive since revenue is the life blood of a business. What is the strategic importance of getting payments right in your business?
- An entrepreneur needs to create cash flow. You need to make sure that you can pay your vendors, and get paid back, and the faster you can do that, the faster you can grow your business.
[15:51] – What’s one thing you’d tell your younger self before you started taking on these big positions?
- Go travel a lot. Experience different cultures and make friends. The same applies to careers. Do not focus on just one thing; go travel and explore because it will make you a better entrepreneur.
[17:29] – What is the one thing that you want to make sure Fire Nation gets from your expertise?
- As an entrepreneur, you will be fighting some of your darkest demons and worst times of your life. You want to leverage every ounce of resources you have at your disposal – whether it’s connections or capital.
- When it comes to capital make sure that you have the right tools to put all your available capital, cash or credit, to good use. Create that flexibility early on.
[18:34] – Stoyan’s key take away and call to action for Fire Nation.
- The number one reason why SMB’s fail is they don’t have cash flow. And the problem with cash flow is people don’t look around for what other forms of capital they can put to good use for their venture.
- Stoyan’s Email – Reach out to Stoyan via email!
- Stoyan’s Twitter – Follow Stoyan on Twitter :)
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!