Sunny is a speaker and Co-founder of Motto, a branding agency that helps leaders build magnetic brands. Described as a gifted storyteller, she has the ability to see a brand come alive from the very beginning. Her thought leadership has been featured on Inc., Forbes, Entrepreneur, AMEX, Success, CNBC and more. Named GDUSA’s Top 25 Creatives to Watch in 2014.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Motto – Sunny’s branding agency
- Kitchen Confidential – Sunny’s Best Business Book
3 Key Points:
- There’s always somebody ready to take your spot if you’re not on-point.
- It’s OK to be uncertain about the future.
- Be loyal to the nightmare of your choice – commit to the journey for better or for worse.
- ZipRecruiter – Are you ready to find your perfect hire? Right now you can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
- Allstate: As a veteran, I know how hard it is looking for a career after the military. But what if I told you there was a way to put everything you’d learned from the military to good use in a career where you get to help others? That’s what owning an Allstate agency is all about.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [02:32] – She started showing the DNA traits of entrepreneurship very young
- [03:45] – Got fired from every job she ever worked at
- 04:01 – Eventually dropped out of college to co-found Motto in 2005
- [05:03] – How Sunny generates revenue
- [05:53] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment – We got up to pitch our business and literally just blanked in front of hundreds of people!
- [07:20] – The next morning at the competition, in front of a live audience, we just nailed it
- [10:32] – There’s always somebody ready to take your spot
- 11:02 – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment – When Motto was born
- It was originally born from personal struggle to find a purpose in life and in business
- [12:12] – I realized I wasn’t happy and I couldn’t figure out what the future looked like for me
- [13:37] – A motto is a short phrase that encapsulates your beliefs
- [13:45] – Knowing what we wanted to create – that realization alone sort of propelled us on the quest for meaning
- [14:08] – We realized that our gift is to help take clients on a journey of self discovery and branding – not just visually; it starts on the heart beat of the organization
- [16:04] – Sunny’s biggest weakness – I am unbelievably hard on myself and I put a lot of weight on my shoulders.
- [16:15] – Sunny’s biggest strength – I make the impossible, possible.
- [16:32] – What has Sunny most fired up today –Writing a leadership and branding book
- [19:47] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Nothing
- What is the best advice you have ever received? – Remember who you are, remember that fire in your belly; when things get difficult you remember the fire burning inside of you so you can go on to do something remarkable.
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? – I am obsessed and obsessive. I hustle and I hustle really hard.
- Can you share an internet resource like Evernote to Fire Nation? – Calendly
- If you can recommend a book for our listeners what would it be? – Kitchen Confidential
- [22:22] – Be loyal to the nightmare of your choice – commit to the journey for better or for worse
- 22:50 – wearemotto.com
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!