Julie is the CEO and Founder of The Beautiful You Coaching Academy which passionately trains and supports heart centered people to bring their talents into the world as life coaches. She is also the Editor in Chief of inspired COACH Magazine.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Asana – Julie’s Small Business Resource
- The Four Agreements – Julie’s Best Business Book
- Beautifulyoucoachingacademy.com – Julie’s website
3 Key Points:
- Emerging life coaches must be willing to work pro bono in order to gain the experience necessary to hone their skills.
- “Comparison-itis” needs to be kept in check in order to push forward.
- Fear is one of our greatest teachers and you can learn from what it’s trying to tell you.
- ZipRecruiter – Are you ready to find your perfect hire? Right now you can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
- LegalZoom: Spend your time growing your business instead of worrying about legal details. Use code EOF in the box at checkout to save!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [1:33] – Young coaches have experiences that make them valuable
- [4:40] – Young coaches have an enormous amount to offer if they focus on their own experiences and their real skills and talents
- [7:00] – How Julie generates revenue
- [7:40] – How Julie’s clients generate revenue
- [7:56] – Life coaching is a skill. The more you do it, the better you get.
- [9:09] – The life coaching process is different for everybody
- [10:26] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment – “A string of moments”
- [12:16] – Consumed with fear and being tested by herself
- [14:00] – The take away: Fear is actually an enormous teacher
- [15:35] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment – First six figure day with her business
- [18:15] – Biggest Weakness: How much she cares. Bigger: Needs to be careful of “comparison-itis”
- [20:19] – Most fired up about: When they receive feedback from emerging coaches about how they’ve booked their first paying clients!
- [23:12] – The Lightning Round:
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur: The belief that she was not corporate or business trained, and no would take her seriously.
- What was the best advice you ever received: Give up what other people think of you.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success: Scheduling the schedule of nothing. Always makes sure she has time blocked out with nothing to do.
- Share an internet resource, Like Evernote, with Fire Nation: Asana (project management)
- If you could recommend one book, what would it be and why: The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. To live not just an amazing life, but to be an amazing person while you’re doing so.
- Imagine you woke up in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you know no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge, but only $500 and a laptop. What would you do in the next 7 days: Find out who she is, and find like-minded people to connect with.
- 27:10 – beautifulyoucoachingacamedy.com
- [27:25] Parting piece of advice: fear can be one of our greatest teachers. Don’t be afraid of it, lean into it.
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!